Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. I'm not liking the fact that he's gonna start again in Minnesota though.
  2. Do perfect games affect CYP other than the fact that he got 9 innings of flawless ball?
  3. QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:08 AM) Confirms what I've always thought of him. Yup.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 10:43 AM) Cowley has no credibility when it comes to rumors. This is true. Neither does Octavio Dotel... I just like the idea of adding a Cliff Lee.
  5. Classic...Buy the Cubs...Win Nothing!
  6. Cowley was on 670 The Score and said that Dotel told him he could be included in a 3 way deal that would land the Sox Cliff Lee. He also talked about a possible deal for Dan Haren that could involve Floyd. I'd give up Poreda and a couple of other prospects for Lee. I just don't think he's worth Gavin Floyd.
  7. Tomorrow is kind of a must-win. I don't see Clayton Richard having the success he had against the Rays.
  8. QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:09 PM) would have loved to see CQ or even Nix pinch hit for Castro. Hell, pinch hit A.J. for him there. At least A.J. has the ability to just pull the ball to the right side and get the runner in. He usually does that anyhow.
  9. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:32 PM) Our bullpen is definitely looking shaky. Maybe Linebrink should be shut down, sent down for a while. He definitely appears in trouble. Thornton is sometimes untouchable, sometimes wild. DJ is not so good as he showed before the all star break. Obviously Oz has little confidence in Dotel right now. And we know about Bobby of late. Trouble in the pen. I wonder what the solution is. Start hitting.
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:00 PM) Oh, and let's not forget the play that lost it, Castro dropping the throw at the plate. After a glorious day, Ramon Castro sucked tonight.
  11. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 09:04 PM) lol, early returns, but Holliday 3-4 tonight with a 2b, r and RBI That was quick. He's already playing?
  12. QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 10:58 AM) This is great. First they get DeRosa, now Holliday. What a punch in the gut for the Cubs. However, I still think their pitching is suspect. I don't think it's really suspect. I mean, Carpenter, Wainwright, and Pinero have been really good this year. I think it really depends on the health of Carpenter. Lohse is a mediocre 4th starter and the 5th spot looks kinda bad. But then again, Wellemeyer can give you 5-6 innings. With that offense, they don't have to pitch great.
  13. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 02:56 PM) I like the move, sounds like the prospects were good, especially Wallace, but as I've posted before, you have arguably the best hitter in the last 20-30 years in his prime, it's worth the risk to me. Also, if Cardinals don't resign him they can afford the risk of offering him arb and at least getting some decent picks back. Obviously a risk, but Ludwick is starting to hit, so a lineup with Pujols, Holliday, DeRosa and Ludwick is very good, especially in that division. They easily have the best lineup in the division now. 1. Schumaker 2B 2. DeRosa 3B 3. Pujols 1B 4. Holliday LF 5. Ludwick RF 6. Rasmus CF 7. Molina C 8. Pitcher 9. Lugo SS 2-6 is scary. You can expect DeRosa's numbers to skyrocket if he's healthy. Same goes for Holliday. It's a great move for now. The future just doesn't look too good if they don't succeed.
  14. Why are people saying Jose sucked today? He was good. He threw 96 a couple of times and he had decent control of all of his pitches. Three of the four runs that were scored were because the Tigers blooped a hit somewhere. Speaking of bloops, I hate Adam Everett and Placido Polanco with a passion.
  15. Verlander will come out for the 9th I assume.
  16. That perfect game is having some horrible effects on us today. Man, I wish that rain-out never happened.
  17. We should have started Colon in this game.
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 01:30 PM) The entire heart of the order has looked weak since the big game by Thome. It's amazing that we've actually won when our big hitters haven't hit at all this past week.
  19. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 01:30 PM) True, but Contreras was really good in the minors and Colon wasn't all that impressive. At least, we should hit their starter. Contreras can still throw in the mid 90s. Colon can't.
  20. Our middle of the lineup has been pretty bad in the past week. Outside of Thome's big game Monday and Konerko's home run Tuesday, it's been awfully quiet.
  21. More prospects for Billy. That's what he likes. This time though, it looks like he's gettin' some real talent.
  22. We've hit two balls right on the mark and we've made two outs. I hate how Comerica is absolutely gigantic.
  23. Supposedly, Wallace is the Cards' Gordon Beckham. 13th overall pick last year. If they don't win anything or re-sign Holliday, it would really suck for the Cardinals. However, this move really makes Pujols that much more dangerous. He's got another world-class NL slugger behind him. Also a great move for my fantasy team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.