chw42
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by chw42
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
The problem with this plan is the opportunity cost of skipping on this draft's huge haul of QBs. Next year's class is much worse at QB.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
You did. The line being 31st in pressures being squarely their fault was very surprising. No surprise that Patrick is the worst lineman, but I was expecting him to be much lower than 15th. These numbers may not match up to the eyetest 100%, but I think they take away a lot of the bias that's thrown out there by fans and the media. There's another chart I did not post that charted TTT under 2.5 seconds and over 2.5 seconds. The Bears had the 3rd least amount of drop backs where the TTT was under 2.5 seconds. And were first in drop back % with a TTT of over 2.5 seconds. On those drop backs, his TTT was the third worst in the league at 4.09 seconds. The line gave him time to throw on those. Here's the whole thread in case anyone is interested. There's a lot of good stuff in here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/s/k05If73bUk
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
In overall PFF rating or with regards to TTT? I know Tua is probably first in TTT. I don't have PFF premium so I don't really know the rest.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
You should take a look at the chart I posted right above this.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
I found out that PFF actually does measure TTT for scrambles and pocket throws. Including sacks. Somebody on Reddit was nice enough to chart all his advanced stats. Fields was still the worst in terms of TTT on throws that were not scrambles. As I suspected Fields was real good at buying time on scrambles as he took 6 seconds to throw on those on average, which really skewed his overall TTT even more. I'd be interested to see what the splits look like for Williams.
-
Official NBA 22-23
Yeah it's on Billy too. I don't know how you have him ISO for like 5 straight possessions when it was clear he didn't have it tonight.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
That's a good start. Whether or not he'll settle for a lateral move when there are a ton of HC openings though, I don't know.
-
Official NBA 22-23
They need to trade DeMar. This ISO s%*# in the last 2 minutes is unbearable.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
I'll give the media their credit. They asked a lot of uncomfortable and guided questions to Poles to try and extract his thought process. The Stroud questions were very awkward, but it's something that every fan should be asking Poles. How can we trust you to make the right decision scouting-wise with the #1 pick if you missed out on Stroud?
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
I think the question was if he talked to Harbaugh or his agent. It's such an awkward question with Eberflus sitting right there. What's he going to say? That he talked to Harbaugh but they didn't want to pay him $130 million so they're stuck with Eberflus?
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Warren just brought up integrity...was that a back-hand comment about Harbaugh?
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Yeah none of this inspires a lot of confidence.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
I'd argue it was when they couldn't sign Wheeler.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Kingsbury's tenure in AZ might not have been good, but he's someone that Williams is close with and has worked with. If you're going to take a QB at #1, you want to make sure he's comfortable and that the offense is tailored to him to ease his transition to the NFL. Not like what happened with Nagy and Fields.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Dalton getting hurt so early certainly didn't help.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Williams could be a huge draw and I wouldn't be surprised if they hire someone who he's worked with before, like a Kliff Kingsbury. If it wasn't for Williams, that hire probably wouldn't make sense and I doubt Kingsbury would want to do it.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Yeah imagine being a first year OC and if you slip up you're gonna get canned along with the HC. Who's going to take that job? Surely not anyone who actually deserves a OC role. Good luck scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
That's not even close to enough. We got more for #1 last year lol.
-
Imanaga to the Cubs
Imanaga at Wrigley might lead to him leading the league in HRs allowed.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Yeah, it actually penalizes QBs with good mobility and the ability to extend plays. They really need a TTT metric that only measures dropbacks within the pocket. Because I honestly think there is a difference in Fields holding onto the ball in the pocket cause he can't decide who to throw to and him on a designed rollout buying time with his legs so he can get an open receiver. For TTT, those are the same things and they really shouldn't be.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Yes because college is honestly a different game than the NFL sometimes. The talent gap between teams is at times gigantic. Fields looked great in college because he had a great team around him so he had a ton of time to throw and receivers who could get separation. When you take that away from him in the NFL, he doesn't look so good. You can even say the same thing about Penix last night. He had time to throw against Texas but didn't against Michigan and the difference was night and day. He's way more likely to see the scenarios he saw last night in the NFL compared to what happened in the CFP semi-final. Williams has never had a great supporting cast at USC, especially this year. There's maybe one other top 100 draft pick talent on that USC offense. And their defense was non-existent so there was a ton of pressure on him to carry that USC team. Some people also seem to think that Lincoln Riley's offense is way too simplistic, but there's 3 recent examples of Riley QBs doing pretty well for themselves in the NFL. Would it be disappointing if Williams is just a slightly taller Kyler Murray or another Baker Mayfield? Probably, yeah. But I think the idea that he's gonna bust and be terrible is pretty unrealistic.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Yeah sounds like he's gone. McCarthy said this is the last time they'll play together. He hasn't declared for the draft yet...
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Penix got spooked by pressure. Missed a lot of open throws he would have made last week against basically no pressure. With his mobility being an issue and him being a 6th year player, this is gonna decrease his draft stock by a lot. PFF had him mocked 8th to Atlanta in their latest mock. Safe to say that's not gonna happen.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
Unfortunately, I think so.
-
2023-24 NFL Season Thread
I took a look at the available free agents and draft class. Bears will have about $54 million in cap space if they tag Jaylon Johnson and cut Jackson and Whitehair. That includes the salaries for their 6 draft picks. The Bears have needs at QB, WR, EDGE, C, FS, OG, DI. This draft is deep at QB, WR, OT, and CB. This free agency class is fairly deep at EDGE, S, and DI. Based on that the Bears should be targeting QB, WR, and OL help in the draft and sign a bunch of defenders in free agency. They have the cap space to make a few splashes.