Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Wow these are some soft ass hits.
  2. Oh come on, no he's not. He's not a good outfielder but he's at least an outfielder. Sheets just learned OF over the winter last year.
  3. Cause you can't have Sheets playing defense out there late in the game.
  4. He played a double into a triple.
  5. Sheets is up the next inning too. Weird call.
  6. Magic number is now 12.
  7. He did go on the IL with a hamstring injury, but I'd rather have his numbers and not have him for 10 days than deal with Cesar in the worst stretch of his career.
  8. Luis getting nothing but sliders.
  9. Cesar hits the ball with about the same authority as Leury.
  10. Just a terrible development year for Kopech. I think the hamstring injury really screwed with his progress this year.
  11. He was in decent shape before the 4th. Then the Red Sox made him throw 30 pitches.
  12. Thanks for proving me wrong Los
  13. He has bad control sometimes.
  14. Carlos sitting 91-93 after 8 days off is not a good sign. I wonder if we'll ever see him throw upper 90s consistently again this year.
  15. Bogearts and Barnes could be back this weekend. Pivetta, Perez, Arroyo, and Duran probably won't be back till later.
  16. I think the first outbreak might still be going.
  17. Well maybe that's why MLB told the Red Sox to stop testing.
  18. I agree, that bye really isn't beneficial in baseball. You get to skip a round, but you also risk coming out really flat in the 2nd round.
  19. Their proposal last year before the pandemic season was 7 teams make the playoffs in each league. Top team in each league gets a bye from the wild card round. Wild card round ends up as 6 teams, 2 division winner and 4 wild cards. The top 2 division winners get to pick who they play and the top wild card team plays the team the 2 division winners didn't pick.
  20. I was watching that. I think he had 4 straight walks, a wild pitch, and then gave up an RBI single. Padres had one hit and got 7 runs off it.
  21. I don't think they'll go to 16 teams. At most I think they go to 14.
  22. What's funny is that the Rays are first in runs but like 6th in OPS and wRC+. It just seems like this team is really bad at situational hitting. Especially recently. Need a fly ball with a guy on third? We always get strikeouts and ground balls right at people. We really like making it hard on ourselves when we have a high probability of scoring runs. I know the sample of guys on third and less than 2 outs is real small, but I fear that our inability to get the job done in those situations is because we're such a high % ground ball hitting team. It's almost burned into our hitting philosophy.
  23. Yeah I was thinking Leury should have pinch hit for Billy. I'm thinking Billy's triple bought him an AB there in Tony's eyes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.