Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
4.11 games
Right or wrong, I’m sure they were expecting much more power than he’s displayed so far.
-
4.11 games
I’m giving it to the end of month before I full out panic, but it’s definitely concerning how bad our AA lineup has been this year.
-
4.11 games
Gotta make sure Skole gets all those 1B at-bats!
-
4.11 games
Based on Fathom’s comment the other day, I’m predicting blasts from both Madrigal & Sheets (aka Anthony Rendon Jr) tonight!
-
Eloy officially got paid
I guess this Albies extension reflects more poorly on his agent being terrible than Hahn botching the Eloy deal. That being said, I still think we should have gotten one more free agent year option out of him.
-
Eloy officially got paid
Ok, but two of the guaranteed years are free agent years. If Albies is even close to a 4 win player again (like he was last year), the last two years of the contract would easily be worth $40M+. I don’t care how arbitrators award these things, three arbitration years plus two free agent years should be worth significantly more for a guy of this caliber. The Braves are also getting options for two additional free agents year on top of the two guaranteed ones. Our extension with Eloy bought us one single free agent year. I get they’re at different points in time in their respective careers, but that’s still pretty nuts IMO.
-
Eloy officially got paid
Wow, Albies just signed a 7/$35M extension with two option years. Maybe I’m missing something, but that makes Eloy’s 6/$43M deal look completely ridiculous in comparison.
- Updated with $/WAR: Every Hahn MLB Free Agent Signing since 2012/2013
-
Worried about reylo?
I still believe in the talent, just concerned Cooper won’t make the most of it. He’s still too fastball heavy, needs to use the changeup way more, and still have no idea why he gave up on the curveball for the most part. I think teams like the Astros & Rays would love to get their hands on him because he’s an easy fix IMO. I also think the cold weather hasn’t helped, but that doesn’t come close to excusing how bad he’s been.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Zero chance we can fix Happ’s swing & miss issues.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Don’t worry, they’re just on the Avi development path!
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Lopez’s FIP on the season is now over 8.00. Good job Coop!
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
This is just pathetic at this point.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Moncada now with a 40% K rate since April 5th and 0% BB rate.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Doctor their resumes so it says they went to Michigan for undergrad?
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
How does that make them locks? I mean one of them is still recovering from TJS.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Moncada since April 5th: 24 plate appearances with 9 K’s (37.5%) and 0 BB’s. I think it’s officially time to sound rebuild panic alarms. Thank god I’m moving to Nashville in a few months and won’t have to see this disaster in person.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Lopez got better last year as he relied on the fastball less and used the changeup more. Unfortunately he’s completely abandoned that gameplan and has somehow regressed with his command. What he’s shown this year is the opposite of player development.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
I’m sure that’s the case. Cooper has been the definition of a loyal soldier and will be appropriately rewarded with a lifetime contract.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
There’s our first walk of the inning! Awesome work Reynaldo!
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Remember, Cooper is the front office’s snitch so he won’t be going anywhere ?
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Yes I did and it’s crazy he’s been doing the opposite. I can’t believe any pitching coach in this day and age could be so stupid and yet Lopez continues to go all-in on the four seamer.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
3-0 Rays, I hope the 40 fans head the fuck home and avoid this shit-show.
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Wow, one single breaking ball generates an out!?! Who would have thought these other pitches might be useful!!
-
April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch
Eight straight four seamers and now 2-0 Rays with zero outs in the first.