Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Madrigal’s BA up to .313 and OPS up to .749. I have zero doubts he’ll be a solid major league 2B, we just need see how much power develops.
  2. Rodon’s fastball definitely seemed better today, at least while I was watching.
  3. I’d be open to a team friendly deal, although I think they move him at the deadline if there is value to be had.
  4. Yup, he’s made the necessary adjustments and should start seeing better pitches to hit as a result.
  5. FYI, he’s a free agent after next season.
  6. Great game from Moncada. Two hits, a walk, and zero K’s.
  7. Honestly, they probably just give his job to Jay when he comes back.
  8. Best half so far for the rebuild? I’d say yes.
  9. To be fair, Fangraphs had Madrigal as the highest rated player in the draft after Mize. He may be somewhat high floor, but the Sox gambled big time on a small guy developing power. I’m not sure I’d call it a safe pick necessarily.
  10. Kanny postponed.
  11. I missed that and can’t realky argue they’ve done a terrible job augmenting via the draft.
  12. And FWIW, Collins and Burger were on these lists in 2018. Both of those guys could quickly jump back on them in a heartbeat.
  13. This just isn’t true. Eloy, Robert, Kopech, & Cease all made these lists. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/mlb-s-top-10-outfield-prospects-for-2019-c303024268.html https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/2019-top-10-right-handed-pitching-prospects-c302651350.html
  14. Luis Gonzalez with a triple!
  15. Bold prediction here, but I think one of Adolfo, Rutherford, or Gonzalez has a big game tonight.
  16. What the fuck does the Cubs or Astros rebuilding have to do with Jerry Reinsdorf wanting to win or not? And to answer your dumb question, those teams wanted to win so badly they decided to take on short-term losses to set themselves up for sustainable success. Moving past your nonsensical post, all owners want to win, the difference between a good owner and bad owner is what they do to support winning in a handful of areas. 1) Are they willing to commit as much of their financial resources as they possibly can into the team. 2) Are they able to hire smart baseball people to run their organization. 3) Are they willing to create a culture of accountability and replace leaders that fail to build a winning product. 4) Are they willing to allow their front office to operate free of restrictions and shape the organization as they see fit. Reinsdorf fails in all those areas. He refuses to invest in his club preemptively to build fan interest when it could pay dividends long-term. He also refuses to go into the red even when there is strategic merit for short-term losses. Jerry wants to win as long as there are some profits to be made and he isn’t forced to go into cash reserves. For 2 & 3, he has had the same two guys lead this organization for the last 15 to 20 years and the results have been very poor to the say the least. Part of that is due to short-sighted decision making that saw us go for it year-after-year despite our owner not willing to commit the necessary financial resources to successfully execute such a plan. However, the lack of investment in analytics and player development is probably the bigger crime and has put us way behind most organizations. Unfortunately, Jerry’s culture of unwavering loyalty allows for stubborn & uncreative thinking and prevents an influx of new voices with fresh ideas. Finally, for item 4, Reinsdorf has a vast history of interfering with operations. For years we couldn’t go over slot in the draft because he was buds with Bud. We couldn’t offer pitchers too long of deals because of his risk tolerance. And there is no doubt in my mind the constant “go for it” mentality we previously operated under is the result of Jerry dictating the strategic vision of the franchise. I have no doubt Jerry would rather win than lose, but his actions (or lack thereof) have been a deterrent to the organization’s well-being and he is no doubt a bad owner for the reasons I highlighted above.
  17. Get us another win @soxfan49!
  18. I believe you’re correct, although the difference with Collins is he was still taking walks when he was struggling. Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, & Sheets have been horrific in all aspects offensively. High K rates, low BB rates, and no power whatsoever. It’s still very early for them and much can change, but AA is the big test for prospects and these starts are concerning at the very least. Anyways, my point wasn’t to declare doom & gloom, but to simply call out AustinIllini for making a series of dumb statements. Eloy hitting two bombs yesterday doesn’t change the trajectory of the rebuild in the slightest. Pretty much everyone hear is already banking on him being a stud hitter. And saying the minors is just bubbling with talent is completely ignoring all the question marks right now between injuries & slow starts. I’m all for optimism when warranted, but AustinIllini has this bizarre pro-Hahn superiority complex that causes him to hype up the rebuild to unrealistic levles and insult those who express any concern where things currently stand.
  19. Please point out one post where I called him a bust? Oh that’s right, no such post exists and you’re just some arrogant douchebag who makes shit up to feel better about themselves. And somehow you have the nerve to call me a troll...lol. What a fucking tool.
  20. Awesome to see Eloy coming around power wise. It was just a matter of time with him. Moncada with no K’s tonight is also very nice to see. I’d say even Giolito showed some promising signs. He’s got to figure out his first inning BS but his definitely looks way better than last year. While I wish he could work with a different pitching coach, there still may be some hope for him.
  21. Lol...where was I moaning? I just called you out for making a dumb statement about the farm system. But I guess if anyone disagrees with the almighty AustinIllini they must be a troll.
  22. And Madrigal, Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Sheets, Rivera, Bush, & Curbelo have gotten off to terrible starts. Furthermore, Kopech & Dunning are recovering from TJS and Basabe, Burger, Burdi, and Tyler Johnson are all out with injuries. I’m not suggesting the rebuild is doomed, but AustinIllini is a complete buffoon is he honestly thinks the minors have been great this year. We’re gonna need much more than Robert & Cease to come out of our minor league system for this thing to work and I’m not sure I have confidence in anyone else at the moment. It’s very early and a lot can change, but the AA guys stumbling out of the gate should be very concerning for even the most optimistic posters here.
  23. Is this really the best you got? Playing the troll card?
  24. I haven’t once expressed concern about Eloy this season. But I’m also a realist and not going to pretend everything is rainbows & unicorns right now. I know you get off telling everyone how stupid they are, but your optimism isn’t based on anything objective. Three or four players isn’t enough for a successful rebuild.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.