Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’m hanging my hope on facts that come from a credible source, you’re jumping into the fire based on random speculation. I have said all along the Cubs have a strict budget and would need to move significant salary to add Harper. While I’d be completely shocked if they could pull that off, I’m not going to rule it out completely. However, based on what I have been told of how the Cubs’ front office operates, I do think it’s incredibly unlikely these details would leak out. I find it far more likely that these are plants being spread on the Boras side.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Seemingly knows what? Nothing he’s said has been proven.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’m sure they discuss the players in other organizations with their scouting staff, but that doesn’t mean they share the rest of the potential trade pieces with them, especially it’s vitally important and/or sensitive deals.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Well I can tell you are wrong here, but I have nothing to gain by saying anything more.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
He also wrote this little gem:
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
And most of those sources have agendas. Most front office folks don’t leak out important information to beat writers for no reason.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Glad you said this, because the only way this leak would happen would be via Theo or Jed. Is that what you think happened here?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Lol...so much for optimistic Jack Parkman. And honestly, if people want to panic over this that’s their choice, but it doesn’t jive with what I’ve heard.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Rock said he heaed this from a beat reporter. How did this beat reporter come across this information?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
How does pretending to be broke give you leverage in trades when you’re trying to deal undesirable assets? And I know for a fact they have a budge they have to adhere to. You are giving Theo way too much credit here and ignoring the fact that all these Cubs rumors are Boras 101 for creating panic amongst the actual teams pursuing Harper.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
People are buying into this way too much IMO. I’m not doubting Rock was told this, but from what I have heard there is zero chance this would ever leak to a beat writer.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
The only question that remains is will Bryce take the 1 to 2 year deal or the 20 year offer.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I find it fascinating that this Dan Clark rumor didn’t even make the cut at MLBTradeRumors, at least not yet.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
That doesn’t help the Cubs then.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Most rumors are bullshit. You’re literally stringing three turds together and calling it a necklace.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
His defensive value comes almost entirely from his arm. When people stop testing him as much, he’ll lose a ton of value. This is no different than when Eaton put up that ridiculous season in RF except Schwarber doesn’t have anywhere close to the range Adam had to remain a quality defensive OF once the arm value regressed.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Are you suggesting Schwarber is better defensive LF than Engel is in CF?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Luis Robert a corner OF?
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
What do those have to do with this? And the vast majority of rumors are simply plants intended to create misdirection. The Encarnacion rumor (if that’s what you’re referring to) is exactly that.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Dan Clark reporting this doesn’t cause the Phillies or Sox to drop out of the race, it simply makes them reconsider if their “final” offers are actually final.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
100% agree.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
If “final” bids have been received, this is exactly how you have the Sox & Phillies resubmit their final offers with a much bigger dollar amount. The agent does not benefit from this rumor being shut down.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’m pretty sure it does count against the luxury tax and there is zero chance the Cubs actually go past the second luxury tax threshold.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Then they can’t add Harper. They need to cut significant salary to have any chance at Bryce.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Come on, the White Sox aren’t going to move on to other targets because Dan fucking Clark says Machado has made a decision. They’d simply call up Manny’s agent and ask him. And it makes perfect sense to say he’s choosing the Yankees if the Sox & Phillies are offering more money. The Yankees are the ultimate threat here and the one thing that can force these teams to bid against themselves.