Chicago White Sox
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Sox Baseball Headquarters
Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
100% agree, they’re not going to call this guy out when he has 1/3 chance (at least) of being right. Not be able to confirm or even commment on it says a lot IMO.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Let’s just put this all into perspective. The Giants are going absorb the albatross that is Heyward’s contract just so they have the luxury of adding three years of Schwarber when they’re nowhere close to competing? Even if they unload Melecon’s contract, what does that accomplish for them? There would have to be other pieces coming back there way IMO.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Sure, no one can say anything with 100% certainty, but I have very good reasons to believe they can not add Harper without moving signicant money and that means Heyward or Darvish.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Isn’t this a Yankees guy too? I think there is good reason to be skeptical of this Dan Clark guy.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
They can’t add Harper without moving Heyward (or Darvish).
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Just to play enternal optimist, it would be incredibly awkward if Manny was telling his other buddies and not his own brother-in-law and this is how Alonso found out.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
He wouldn’t have revealed his source if he didn’t want to have the ability to back track. He’s already planted a seed of doubt and can easily say the friend must have exaggerated Machado’s certainty about the Yankees.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
No and you apparently enjoy playing Debbie downer.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
No, I wouldn’t because I think him getting access to this information right now (especially through a friend) reeks of being an obvious plant.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Ok now I feel better. That’s exactly how you plant a rumor to drive up your price.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I don’t even know what’s worst to be honest. Like it should totally be not offering a sizably larger contract than the opposition, but at the same time if guys are turning down tens of millions to play elsewhere then we are seriously fucked.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I’ve seen reports saying both things, although I tend believe they did in fact meet with him.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Yup, 100% agree. It’s going to be a long January though.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Theoretically good for us (our front office, not our fans) since we have nothing but time. The Dodgers & Phillies will not wait around forever.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Then move to Cleveland and let us dream of better days bro ?
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
That’s all I was getting at. He most definitely could be right here, but I’m shocked none of the national guys have jumped on this given that Dan Clark isn’t some no named hack. Just seems odd to me, but admittedly I’m an optimistic and an prepared to go down with the ship here.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I don’t think he knows anything we don’t, but the logic is exactly what I’ve been saying the last few weeks.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Did her ever break something this significant though? Like Merkin has because he’s the voice of the club, but usually the big stuff is from national guys or complete rando’s from what I’ve seen.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I was referring to Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Why are we acquiring two more OF prospects? I can get Frazier since he’s major league ready, but Florial just creates an even glut in the minors.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein?
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
And how often do those guys break massive news stories?
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I’m with you man. Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true. I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies. If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
If this is true, hopefully one of the national guys confirms it. I could have sworn DanClarkSports through out some garbage rumors at least year’s Winter Meetings but maybe I’m wrong about that.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
You should proud that we missed out on a player that could desperately help our franchise...bravo!