Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. 100% agree, they’re not going to call this guy out when he has 1/3 chance (at least) of being right. Not be able to confirm or even commment on it says a lot IMO.
  2. Let’s just put this all into perspective. The Giants are going absorb the albatross that is Heyward’s contract just so they have the luxury of adding three years of Schwarber when they’re nowhere close to competing? Even if they unload Melecon’s contract, what does that accomplish for them? There would have to be other pieces coming back there way IMO.
  3. Sure, no one can say anything with 100% certainty, but I have very good reasons to believe they can not add Harper without moving signicant money and that means Heyward or Darvish.
  4. Isn’t this a Yankees guy too? I think there is good reason to be skeptical of this Dan Clark guy.
  5. They can’t add Harper without moving Heyward (or Darvish).
  6. Just to play enternal optimist, it would be incredibly awkward if Manny was telling his other buddies and not his own brother-in-law and this is how Alonso found out.
  7. He wouldn’t have revealed his source if he didn’t want to have the ability to back track. He’s already planted a seed of doubt and can easily say the friend must have exaggerated Machado’s certainty about the Yankees.
  8. No and you apparently enjoy playing Debbie downer.
  9. No, I wouldn’t because I think him getting access to this information right now (especially through a friend) reeks of being an obvious plant.
  10. Ok now I feel better. That’s exactly how you plant a rumor to drive up your price.
  11. I don’t even know what’s worst to be honest. Like it should totally be not offering a sizably larger contract than the opposition, but at the same time if guys are turning down tens of millions to play elsewhere then we are seriously fucked.
  12. I’ve seen reports saying both things, although I tend believe they did in fact meet with him.
  13. Yup, 100% agree. It’s going to be a long January though.
  14. Theoretically good for us (our front office, not our fans) since we have nothing but time. The Dodgers & Phillies will not wait around forever.
  15. Then move to Cleveland and let us dream of better days bro ?
  16. That’s all I was getting at. He most definitely could be right here, but I’m shocked none of the national guys have jumped on this given that Dan Clark isn’t some no named hack. Just seems odd to me, but admittedly I’m an optimistic and an prepared to go down with the ship here.
  17. I don’t think he knows anything we don’t, but the logic is exactly what I’ve been saying the last few weeks.
  18. Did her ever break something this significant though? Like Merkin has because he’s the voice of the club, but usually the big stuff is from national guys or complete rando’s from what I’ve seen.
  19. I was referring to Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein.
  20. Why are we acquiring two more OF prospects? I can get Frazier since he’s major league ready, but Florial just creates an even glut in the minors.
  21. And how often do those guys break massive news stories?
  22. I’m with you man. Seems like a weird time & place for this to leak out if true. I’m leaning towards this being one final Hail Mary to drive up the price for the Sox & Phillies. If I know one thing about negotiations, final offers are never final until an agreement is actually signed.
  23. If this is true, hopefully one of the national guys confirms it. I could have sworn DanClarkSports through out some garbage rumors at least year’s Winter Meetings but maybe I’m wrong about that.
  24. You should proud that we missed out on a player that could desperately help our franchise...bravo!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.