Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
The chances Harper passes on signicant money is slim to none IMO. He wants a record breaking contract.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
If they miss on these two guys, it puts the rebuild in a really tough spot. I’ll maintain optimism until that actually happens though, because I have to believe the front office sees it the same way and will act accordingly with their bids.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
My take on the situation is the Sox & Phillies have both made offers much bigger than the Yankees and Team Machado is giving New York a couple weeks to raise their bid before settling on one of the other two teams.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
We haven’t whiffed on either yet. And I still don’t get why everyone is suddenly so negative on Machado.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Kluber + Pollock is a better use of resources than Harper (for them) and could be had for probably less total dollars. I do think they’ll go back and make an offer for Harper first, but I think it will be of the 4 or 5 year variety and I can’t see Bryce accepting that.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Jared Mitchell was a speed based player and a poor comparison. Burger’s injury may prevent him from sticking at 3B but he still has the ability to potentially hit enough for 1B or DH. Way too early to write him off.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Not that I believe this is realistic at all, but figured I’d post this while everyone is already down about Harper.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
A “husky” guy with huge question marks about being able to stick at 3B and just ruptured his Achilles twice is probably not an apt comparison. And yes, I’d be pissed if we traded him in this type of deal.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
We’re on the same page fathom, I’m gusssing they trade Verdugo+ for Kluber or Realmuto and then turn around and sign Pollack for a fraction of the cost of Harper. That’s a way better use of their financial resources IMO.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
They just traded a 2017 1st rounder for a bunch of rentals. Our fanbase would be livid if we did something like that and rightfully so.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
He did seem to hint at that, but then kept playing along with it afterwards.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
And for only one year.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
All signs suggest the Yankees do not want to enter a bidding war and we have as much money to throw at Machado as the Phillies. Doesn’t mean we’ll do it, but there’s zero reason to lose hope right now.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Is Bryce that guy though? I want him more than anything, but a huge part of that is what his marketability brings to our franchise potentially. The Dodgers wouldn’t reap those same benefits.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Berlinger, Taylor, & Pederson combined for 9.4 fWAR (3.1 each) last year. Harper had 3.5. I think Bryce is a better player than that, but is he worth $40M+ in the short-term for what might end being only a moderate upgrade. I just can’t see Friedman doing that, but I know I’m in the minority on this one.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Yup, the Phillies are the bigger threat without question IMO.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
? How does Harper going off the board affect the Yankees?
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Which fits Friedman’s MO.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Kenny is right.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
Why do they need to add another OF though? Berlinger, Pederson, Taylor, Toles, & Verdugo is a pretty nice group. Puig & Kemp were their two weekest OFs last year, taking up payroll and eating up roster spots. This makes sense regardless of Harper or not. As for who these guys will sign with, it almost always come down to money and don’t let the national media convince you otherwise.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
I agree. I’m not ruling out Harper by any means, but freeing up $27M in 2019 doesn’t automatically allow them to add a $350M contract.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
All the rumors said they were against doing a crazy long term contract with him. This doesn’t change that in the slightest IMO. I still think Kluber is their more likely target.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
No offense, but you have no idea what you’re talking about and multiple people on this site who actully have connections have confirmed we’ve made massive offers to both guys. But keep hating bro.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
I’m still not convinced this mean Harper is going to the Dodgers. They still have a fuckton of OFs and this doesn’t change their luxury tax position for 2020 onward.
-
Dodgers & Reds trade (Kemp, Puig, & Wood to CIN, Bailey, Josiah Gray & Jeter Downs to LA)
This site is legit bipolar. I’m still struggling to see how any of this has to do with Machado.