Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread
I’m surprised Ottavino still hasn’t signed after there being some smoke with him last week.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Thanks raBBit. Glad to hear Machado is more open to us now than he was at the start of the process. Also, it does seem like the Yankees aren’t going to do something crazy with Machado, which provides an opportunity for the Sox & Phillies to kind of blow them out of the water and force Manny to pass up on a lot of money. I agree the Phillies are the wild card here and likely the bigger threat assuming we’re prepared to spend big.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
What you hearing raBBit?
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
I see us and the Phillies maxing out around 10/$350M with the Yankees peaking around 8/$240M. I think your proposed opt-out structure and front loading make a ton of sense.
-
2018 Films thread
Into the Spider-verse was excellent. Aquaman better than most DC shared universe films.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Just a reminder, but most rumors come with an agenda. Occasionally a player or agent may let something honest slip, but most of the stuff we’ll hear in the next few days will be plants. There is zero reason to panic regardless of what is said unless someone like Rosenthal confirms a team is close to finalizing an agreement.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
I really think there should be some momentum with Machado this weekend. I’m sure at this point he’s ranked the three clubs in order of preference and knows how much money he’s willing to forgoe (if any) to play for his favorite.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Nothing worse than a slow point in rumor and the endless refreshing of SoxTalk that comes with it.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Probably nothing legit until tomorrow.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
JoeCoolMan = Chili
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
JoeCoolMan (aka Chili) claims Machado wanted to sign with the Sox prior to the tour and cancel all his visits, but his agent somehow made him still do them all. Hasn’t really been much since then, other than the national media hyping up the Yankees and Machado claiming he had an “awesome” visit with the Phillies.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Why is that? I’m not sure we can place much credence JoeCoolMan’s rumor.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Their owner also cavaeted “not too stupid though” or something like that.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
They already lost out on multiple free agents because they wouldn’t spend stupid money so who really knows.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
He doesn’t like the actual city or the thought of living there per the rumor.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
I don’t see them offering $400M.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Gotcha, I think it was in the last two weeks.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Why would he need to repeat himself? He’s already put his thoughts out there.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
They have an incredibly conservative front office. Just depends how much their owner dictates things.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Lol...I’ll take it after there ridiculous Tribune article!
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
That is literally the worst write-up ever. Like he actually uses a random Stroman tweet for some reason even though Marcus said it was simply speculation. That’s literally the Tribune article I’m ever reading.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Agreed, it’s likely nothing more than speculation.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Perfect summary of the situation.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Is that just since the new Jumbotron? I swear the old one you could see from the highway.
-
Update: Machado met with Sox
Very true, but for whatever reason I believe we went above and beyond to lay out our vision for the franchise. I just don’t get the sense the Phillies will do something of that magnitude, but obviously this is just me speculating.