Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Yup, he’s looked pretty good out there so far.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
I think he’s genuinely a really good dude, but his skillset just doesn’t work in the majors.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
You know that’s the reason. It’s such a Ricky thing to do.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Not sure anyone loves Delmonico at this point, even his girlfriend probably left his ass after that weak shit right there
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
You jinxed us bro!!
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Fucking Delmonico
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
How did that not get turned? Make em pay boys!
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
8 games Jack, 8 games
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Congrats Nicky!
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
I don’t think you want him to fail, but I wouldn’t assume that’s the case for everyone.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
So basically you have nothing of substance that won’t translate.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
But you just said we should be platooning EE & Collins, which really isn’t a hot hand thing. And EE is never going to get going if we rest him too much. He’s a notorious slow starter and we should let him get into a groove against shitty Royals pitching. Renteria should rest Abreu & EE occasionally against tough RHP, but Junis doesn’t really apply and therefore Collins isn’t needed today in my opinion.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
What won’t work in the majors that worked in the minors? What am I missing here other than an overreaction to 8 plate appearances?
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
Why? EE was a significantly better hitter against RHP than Abreu last year.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
So again, this is all based on 8 plate appearances, got it.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
You thought a guy who you were concerned wasn’t going walk enough put up an OBP 62 points higher than his batting average?
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
I’m guessing they just don’t see a point of flying him out to KC for a game before turning around and heading to Milwaukee. I think he’ll be joining the team tomorrow, but if not it should be Wednesday at the latest.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
OMG, it’s two fucking games. And the first two games of his entire major league career where is likely pressing. But please continue to ignore his minor league stats where he made contact AND got on base and focus entirely on 8 plate appearances. And calling him a 50 grade runner is ludicrous.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
In what way don’t you think his college game will translate to the majors? His 2019 minor league numbers basically seem like the player most of us were expecting, but with a higher propensity to get on base. I don’t think he will ever live up to the Longenhagen hype, but I think you undersell his potential quite a bit.
-
If the Sox made Jirschele an interim manager, what would the result be?
I think we’d see better lineups and more analytic-based, objective in-game decision making. The old school thinking of Abreu must bat 3rd against all pitchers because he’s a veteran / leader would hopefully die and we’d see younger guys bat in more value-optimizing spots.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
I assume this is sarcasm, but Garcia is not very good as a LH hitter.
-
MADRIGAL CALLED UP! (Herrera DFA)
To be fair, some of the biggest “haters” here have disliked him from the start. I do not fully agree with their opinions on Nick, but @fathom and @Harold's Leg Lift have at least been consistent with their distaste of Madrigal since the draft and have rational reasons in doing so. I think the Madrigal situation is a completely different animal as he’s such a polarizing prospect and was taken at a spot that where you typically grab guys with superstar ceilings. There seems to be a bit of resentment that we took a “safe” player at #4 (although I’d argue he isn’t exactly safe) and I think some of the more vocal “haters” actually are subconsciously rooting against him.
-
8/2 Sox vs Royals GT
At this moment the Sox would be one the wild card teams along with Cleveland. Baltimore & Detroit will fall off soon enough and Tampa will likely grab a spot. But there really aren’t any other teams that seem like sure things. If we can keep pounding on the Royals, Tigers, & Pirates we are almost assured of making the playoffs. Hopefully Cease can bring it today and we can head to Milwaukee with a winning record.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
He can into the game with a three run lead and the Sox proceeded to score four in the top of the 9th. He was still eligible for the save.
-
8/1 Sox vs Royals GT
Yup, outside of a little bit of swing & miss, not sure what weakness he has. SSS, but he actually seems to be a pretty smart player on the field as well.