Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Yup, he’s looked pretty good out there so far.
  2. I think he’s genuinely a really good dude, but his skillset just doesn’t work in the majors.
  3. You know that’s the reason. It’s such a Ricky thing to do.
  4. Not sure anyone loves Delmonico at this point, even his girlfriend probably left his ass after that weak shit right there
  5. You jinxed us bro!!
  6. Fucking Delmonico
  7. How did that not get turned? Make em pay boys!
  8. 8 games Jack, 8 games
  9. I don’t think you want him to fail, but I wouldn’t assume that’s the case for everyone.
  10. So basically you have nothing of substance that won’t translate.
  11. But you just said we should be platooning EE & Collins, which really isn’t a hot hand thing. And EE is never going to get going if we rest him too much. He’s a notorious slow starter and we should let him get into a groove against shitty Royals pitching. Renteria should rest Abreu & EE occasionally against tough RHP, but Junis doesn’t really apply and therefore Collins isn’t needed today in my opinion.
  12. What won’t work in the majors that worked in the minors? What am I missing here other than an overreaction to 8 plate appearances?
  13. Why? EE was a significantly better hitter against RHP than Abreu last year.
  14. So again, this is all based on 8 plate appearances, got it.
  15. You thought a guy who you were concerned wasn’t going walk enough put up an OBP 62 points higher than his batting average?
  16. I’m guessing they just don’t see a point of flying him out to KC for a game before turning around and heading to Milwaukee. I think he’ll be joining the team tomorrow, but if not it should be Wednesday at the latest.
  17. OMG, it’s two fucking games. And the first two games of his entire major league career where is likely pressing. But please continue to ignore his minor league stats where he made contact AND got on base and focus entirely on 8 plate appearances. And calling him a 50 grade runner is ludicrous.
  18. In what way don’t you think his college game will translate to the majors? His 2019 minor league numbers basically seem like the player most of us were expecting, but with a higher propensity to get on base. I don’t think he will ever live up to the Longenhagen hype, but I think you undersell his potential quite a bit.
  19. I think we’d see better lineups and more analytic-based, objective in-game decision making. The old school thinking of Abreu must bat 3rd against all pitchers because he’s a veteran / leader would hopefully die and we’d see younger guys bat in more value-optimizing spots.
  20. I assume this is sarcasm, but Garcia is not very good as a LH hitter.
  21. To be fair, some of the biggest “haters” here have disliked him from the start. I do not fully agree with their opinions on Nick, but @fathom and @Harold's Leg Lift have at least been consistent with their distaste of Madrigal since the draft and have rational reasons in doing so. I think the Madrigal situation is a completely different animal as he’s such a polarizing prospect and was taken at a spot that where you typically grab guys with superstar ceilings. There seems to be a bit of resentment that we took a “safe” player at #4 (although I’d argue he isn’t exactly safe) and I think some of the more vocal “haters” actually are subconsciously rooting against him.
  22. At this moment the Sox would be one the wild card teams along with Cleveland. Baltimore & Detroit will fall off soon enough and Tampa will likely grab a spot. But there really aren’t any other teams that seem like sure things. If we can keep pounding on the Royals, Tigers, & Pirates we are almost assured of making the playoffs. Hopefully Cease can bring it today and we can head to Milwaukee with a winning record.
  23. He can into the game with a three run lead and the Sox proceeded to score four in the top of the 9th. He was still eligible for the save.
  24. Yup, outside of a little bit of swing & miss, not sure what weakness he has. SSS, but he actually seems to be a pretty smart player on the field as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.