Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Perhaps I was not bold enough...lol
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Pre-game excluded from predictions ?
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Bold predictions for tonight: Giolito goes 5 IP, gives up 1 ER with 6 K & 1 BB Robert rips a double to left center in his first AB Nicky goes 2/4 with a bomb and a BB Benetti makes at least two cringe worthy jokes by the 7th Grandal steals three called third strikes Colome gets the save after putting the leadoff hitter on Sox win 3-2 and the stadium erupts in joy
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
-
Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce
Great news!
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Thanks! Super pumped he is up as he might one of our top three relievers before the end of the year.
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Why do you want Yermin traded?
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Did you see my first post in this thread? SSS sure, but he’s far and away our best hitter against Berrios. Probably the only time all season I’ll be happy seeing his name in the lineup card.
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
I’ll predict you’ll be drinking Gumballhead tonight and honestly if the Twins start off with a flyout I may just do the same since I have actually have a six pack here in Nashville!
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
lol...that’s so true.
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Lol...nice! Wish I still lived in Chicago so I could get some myself. No idea if it actually tastes good, but damn does the can look pretty as fuck.
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
Booze and lots of it!
-
Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT
White Sox starters vs. Berrios: Abreu: 35 AB, 1 BB, 12 K, 1 HR, .257 BA, .708 OPS Garcia: 25 AB, 0 BB, 6 K, 1 HR, .240 BA, .600 OPS Moncada: 24 AB, 3 BB, 6 K, 1H, .250 BA, .792 OPS Anderson: 24 AB, 0 BB, 6 K, 0 HR, .167 BA, .375 OPS Encarnacion: 18 AB, 0 BB, 5 K, 1 HR, .222 BA, .611 OPS Jimenez: 13 AB, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, .308 BA, .846 OPS Delmonico: 8 AB, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, .250 BA, 1.080 OPS Grandal: 2 AB, 0 BB, 0 K, 0, HR, .000 BA, .000 OPS Let’s hope Giolito pitches well tonight...
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Thanks! Will be interesting to see who gets cut when those guys are back. Like @ChiSox59 said, there is not a lot of fat on the 40 man roster at the moment.
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Are two more cuts coming? Roster resource shows us at 42 at the moment, which makes sense given were at 39, added four, and only cut one. ? https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-chicago-white-sox/
-
16 Team Playoffs in 2020 Agreed Upon
The time off piece makes such a construct a bit trickier in baseball, but it definitely would make the regular more worthwhile than just a straight 8 team free for all.
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
Did he know he was exposed to someone with COVID? Maybe I don’t have all the facts here. I do agree 48 to 72 hours seems pretty crazy.
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
Again, unless I’m totally off base on testing turnaround times (which is very possible), this is going to keep happening and likely has happened multiple times already.
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
I figured the turnaround time on a test was a good 24 hours, which if true, wouldn’t allow for such a scenario to work.
-
16 Team Playoffs in 2020 Agreed Upon
Let’s be honest, zero excuse for us not to make the playoffs when we play the Tigers, Royals, & Pirates 25 times. If we can’t squeeze into that 8th and we are relatively healthy, I think it’s time for Ricky to be let go.
-
16 Team Playoffs in 2020 Agreed Upon
If that’s the case, I’m actually all for this. But then the second round would have six teams to work through right? How does that work?
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
Oh I get what you’re saying now, but are tests really supposed to come back that quickly? I guess I assumed there was always a lag effect and this would no doubt happen throughout the season, which is why masks and social distancing is of the utmost importance.
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
Maybe I’m missing something, but did people actually think this wouldn’t happen?
-
Juan Soto out Opening Day with COVID-19
Are you going to panic every time a single player tests positive?
-
16 Team Playoffs in 2020 Agreed Upon
I really don’t like that at all long-term. For this season I’m fine with whatever, but forcing a 100 win team to win a best of three series after a 162 game season seems crazy.