Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
A Realistic Offseason
You’re literally contradicting yourself in consecutive sentences. They don’t buy closers at peak value but they did with Robertson which should have taught them that they don’t buy closers at peak value. My god it’s like reading a circular reference. And what’s this draft strategy you’re referring to? We took Burdi in the first round back in 2016. How many relievers have we drafted in the top five rounds since then that have been exclusively used as relievers? We used a fifth round pick on Tyler Johnson and that’s it man. Sometimes I don’t know where you come up with this stuff.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Herrera will make $10M next year, so are you suggesting Reinsdorf will force Hahn to trade him or Colome cause it’s against Jerry’s unwritten policy to not have multiple $10M+ relievers on a team?
-
A Realistic Offseason
He’s coming back. First off, he’s worth a 1/$10M contract even if he doesn’t have much trade value. Second, Hahn gave up something to get him in the first place and refused to trade him at the deadline. It would be a bad look for him to non-tender him now.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Is Nimmo an average player?
-
A Realistic Offseason
I don’t see us adding both Grandal & JDM in free agency, not when we’ll need to spend quite a bit on the pitching side of things. I think it will end up being an either or thing with those two guys with RF then being addressed via trade or a stopgap free agent.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Why can’t you see JR paying that much for Smith? What does that even mean? As for Nimmo, the problem they face is their OF is jam-packed and left-handed. They will likely have to trade somebody and I think you’re giving Brodie a little too much credit.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Alright, here's my preliminary off-season plan. Five total moves consisting of four free agent signings and one trade. Total payroll when accounting for Rodon (I assume he's retained) would be ~$135M or right around league average. I personally think this is very realistic, just depends on what it would take to pry Nimmo away from the Mets. That being said, the Mets are overly left-handed and have a ton of corner bats. Given those factors and Nimmo's health issues, I think he can be had.
-
A Realistic Offseason
You think we’re adding three bats this offseason? I guess I’d ask where?
-
A Realistic Offseason
I noticed that, but didn’t have time to do much digging. Definitely concerning if his one high end skill is deteriorating.
-
A Realistic Offseason
What do you like about him other than his defense? A 90 wRC+ for three straight years and he doesn’t even address our high K rate or low OBP issues. Just don’t see how he’d be that valuable in RF.
-
A Realistic Offseason
That’s a fair take. But why trade them both plus our best pitching prospect and our second best OF prospect for two years of a 31 year old 3 win OF?
-
A Realistic Offseason
I’d say pass. Not a good fit for what we need and I think there’s diminishing returns having two CF types when you play 81 games at the Rate.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Yeah, no idea what he’s talking about there.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Wow would that be a huge overpay.
-
A Realistic Offseason
There isn’t an actual argument here. You are simply wrong and refuse to acknowledge how insane your conspiracy theory is.
-
A Realistic Offseason
First, not that it matters, but the Sox didn’t sign Alonso. Second, I don’t think you honestly believe that, I think it’s simply what you want to believe to support your “Reinsdorf is cheap” view.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Why does that matter at all? Pretty sure the Tribune Company spent a fuckton of money including a massive contract for Alfonso Soriano right before they sold the Cubs. It really seems at this point like you are reaching for anything you possibly can to support this idea that our Machado offer was just a con.
-
A Realistic Offseason
I just don’t get it. Like nothing good came from missing out on Machado.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Lol...the TV deal was not impacted by the potential of a Machado deal and the few tickets that were sold as a result were completely offset by the sheer anger & resentment created amongst the fanbase due to the miss.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Gives the impression the Sox are trying? The only impression Sox fans have of management when it comes to free agents is we always come in second place. And somehow, you actually think putting on some great big spectacle but with the intentions of coming in second place would help their image. Please don’t try getting a job in public relations, because you clearly don’t get how this shit works.
-
A Realistic Offseason
(1) without question because he made that exact offer in hopes of landing him?
-
A Realistic Offseason
What in the world do you think this PR stunt was supposed to accomplish?
-
A Realistic Offseason
It’s one of the craziest takes I have ever seen on this site.
-
A Realistic Offseason
What in the world are you talking about? Take off the tin foil hat and read what you’re actually writing. It’s complete utter nonsense. This wasn’t a PR stunt as missing out on Manny completely blew up in their faces. The fanbase is still enraged about this and even skeptical than ever before (for god’s sake read your posts). They simply botched the process and refused to go the distance with years 9 & 10.
-
A Realistic Offseason
What do you mean by “debasing your franchise”?