Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. You can’t really think they’ll fire Nagy right? Not even suggesting he deserves to keep his job, just seems like that would immediately put the heat on Pace and don’t see that happening after just one bad year.
  2. Embarrassing that we’re somehow unable to cover Ted fucking Ginn.
  3. I said outside of Abreu & Eloy. Hard to imagine we have a shitty defense strictly because our LF & 1B. Yeah Anderson made a fuckton of errors this year, but I’m not prepared to assume that’s an every year thing just yet.
  4. So by default we’re just assuming RF will be shitty...got it.
  5. Do you expect Tim to be shitty next year?
  6. Shitty defense? Outside of Abreu & Eloy, who is a shitty defender out of the guys expected to get significant playing time next year?
  7. Edison Volquez? WTF?
  8. Eaton’s value in RF was heavily tied to his arm, less so his range.
  9. Where in the world would Gregorious play?
  10. At what spots though?
  11. Oh I don’t expect the offseason to be a flop, just wanted to see if posting some ridiculously pessimistic shit actually felt good given all the negativity around here. Unfortunately, it just made me feel like a little b**** and I don’t get the allure of being pessimistic all the time. That being said, this idea there is too much competition to expect anyone impactful (cough Jack Parkman cough) is beyond fucking absurd. We are better suited to add impact talent this offseason than any team in baseball. I don’t give a fuck if there is no track record, given our payroll flexibility the expectation has to be multiple impactful pieces are added. At this point there are no more fucking excuses to not get shit done and I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they don’t. I refuse to live my life under Murphy’s Law and assume the worst at all times...just a sad way to go about life.
  12. I just think there are diminishing returns playing a natural CF 81 games in RF at the Rate. If we played at Comerica for example, I’d be much more willing to consider it. Instead, give me the offense oriented guy, especially in today’s game.
  13. There’s going to be a ton of competition though, I really think it’s crazy to expect much more that. Honestly, I even think us landing Roark is a bit of a stretch. Change that to Matt Moore & Wacha instead. Not the sexiest offseason, but I’m trying to be realistic here. The Sox simply don’t have a track record of being successful in free agency. People who think we’ll even land a third tier arm like Odorizzi are nuts. We’re going to have to win with our home-grown talent, because we can’t count on free agency to bare any fruit for us while Jerry is still around. It’s just not happening...
  14. I think you’re aiming too high TBH. I think we sign a couple of Nova type pitchers (say Roark & Wacha) and then add Puig & Adam Jones to plug our RF & DH holes. Just too much competition to expect much more than that. Puig will be sold as the big offseason addition because someone has to be the guy and he theoretically has some star appeal. Maybe if we’re lucky we add a backup catcher to allow Collins to DH some, but I’m not even holding my breath there.
  15. He’s been a 10% below league average hitter for three straight years. I don’t really see the allure with him for RF. If nothing else materializes I’d be ok with it for one year, but not he’d be a better option than say Kalhoun in that regard.
  16. He’s really bulked up over the past few seasons and I think that’s taken away some of his athleticism / speed. Again, not suggesting he’s a tank out there but he’s not the lanky 16 year with surprising speed we initially signed.
  17. I’ve never read a scouting report that listed him as a plus defender outside of arm and Fangraphs (not the end all be all by any means) gave him a 40 grade on fielding. I’m not ever suggesting he’s bad out there, but I don’t buy he’s plus outside of his arm.
  18. Explain what you mean by a plus defender. Because in every element but arm, he’s most definitely not a plus defender out there.
  19. It all depends on the cost.
  20. Theoretically if you could sign Grandal and trade/extend Joc, you could be rocking out this lineup by 2021: Robert, CF Moncada, 3B# Jimenez, LF Pederson, RF* Abreu, DH Vaughn, 1B Grandal, C# Anderson, SS Madrigal, 2B
  21. I just don’t even know how to speculate on the price. The rumor last offseason was Bummer, Fulmer, and a prospect like Laz Rivera. Given he has one less year of control now, would something like Fry straight-up work? Obviously he’s coming off a terrible year, but the strikeout stuff is still there and he’s got four years of control left (including two options). We’d be selling low on Fry, but it’s something I could see definitely the Dodgers being interested in.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.