Everything posted by Timmy U
-
4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)
All right. The cheap hits are starting to even out.
-
4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)
Man, we are cursed in this stadium.
-
4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)
Anaheim and Oakland. Seems like our hard hit balls are right at guys in those two parks.
-
MLB to move All Star Game, Draft out of Atlanta due to GA Voting Law
This is a good, minimum step. The ASG is honoring Hank Aaron, a man who got a lot of death threats due to his race. I find it refreshing that MLB chose not to make that ceremony hollow and meaningless. I follow this stuff pretty closely for work, so my opinions are both informed and unshakeable. I'll say no more out of respect for the forum.
-
Sox Sign Jake Lamb
This assumes anyone wants to watch Lamb.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
I believe no outs were made in left field, right? A couple of singles out there, one of which Leury bobbled. I’d rather have Vaughn out there and take my chances.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
That didn’t take long.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
Tough luck for Bummer. Exactly one ball was hit out of the infield and it’s gonna cost him a game.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
Uh oh.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
I would pitch Kopech in less competitive situations early on. Way ahead or behind to let him get his feet wet.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
Vaughn number 25. Hamilton number 0, which is how many AB’s I hope he gets.
-
ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))
The minors are not done September 1. Starting late, finishing late.
-
2021 Spring Training Cuts Thread
None of us is here to stay.
-
2021 Spring Training Cuts Thread
Watching Royals/Rangers. Dunning is a tandem starter for them. Royals top 6 is scary.
-
2021 Spring Training Cuts Thread
So, essentially, we traded Flores for 2 weeks of either Lamb or Hamilton.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
The pitching match up of Keller/Gibson in KC/Texas was atrocious. I mean, no surprise, I guess but Gibson was .1 5 earnies. Gonna be a long year in Texas. People who think Sox should have signed Dahl will enjoy this one.
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
Game over!!! Brewers win!
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
First and third no one out for Brewers
-
4-1 GT: CWS @ LAA (9:05 PM CT)
If Vaughn cannot play left, Sox offense has some serious trouble. Leury got 600 PA’s in 2019 and was a big reason they finished below .500. I desperately want to believe that Engel can be an average offensive player, but there is scant evidence. Vaughn in left, Collins/Yermin platoon is the best solution offensively with late game defensive replacements.
-
Garrett Crochet conversion to starter in 2022 Thread
Every pitcher in baseball is down innings this year, so every starter will be watched, occasionally skipped. That means an unprecedented number of bullpen innings across the majors. I think Crochet does get to 80 innings this year. Kopech too.
-
2021 Spring Training Cuts Thread
Whoever had Billy Hamilton and Jake Lamb on the opening day roster, collect your prize! One of them leaves for Engel, then I predict there’s a heavy rotation of the 26th man throughout the year. We need someone to step up and claim the ab’s. I hope it’s Collins.
-
3/30 2:10PM CST Sox @ Rockies FINAL ST Game
Final. Rockies 2 Sox 1. Cease pitched great. Concern about the post-Eloy line up, but pitching seems strong. On to the regular season!
-
3/30 2:10PM CST Sox @ Rockies FINAL ST Game
Sox minor league depth is sad(zek)
-
3/30 2:10PM CST Sox @ Rockies FINAL ST Game
Cease done for the day 5.1 6 hits 0 bb's 11 k's
-
3/30 2:10PM CST Sox @ Rockies FINAL ST Game
2 more K's for Cease. He's up to 11. Fell behind Joe and gave up a single on a pretty good pitch. 83 pitches, 56 strikes through 5. Not too many non-competitive pitches with the fastball or slider. Knuckle curve has not been great. Barely thrown the change. He's got a really good game plan working. Hopefully, whatever he found in the fifth inning of his last start sticks into the regular season.