ChiSoxFanMike
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
6/8/15 Gamethread Sale vs McCullers
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 08:41 PM) Just took off the hawks game so I imagine were starting. Astros are in the dugout. You're at the game I'm assuming?
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
Sale/Q/Rodon/Fulmer/Someone Else I love it.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
If they take Harris, I'll scream.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
I want Fulmer!!!
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
Can we please have no spoilers in this thread?
-
6/8/15 Gamethread Sale vs McCullers
It's hailing where I am, who knows if this game will even happen.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
Does anyone have a link to the draft thread from last year?
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 02:53 PM) I'm of the philosophy that the big league team's potential to win now is extremely low. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I honestly don't think the Sox are as bad as they've shown themselves to be. The talent is there, they just have to stop underachieving like they have been and they might have a chance. I mean they're only 7.5 games out of 1st place right now. If they can get hot now, they could have a chance still.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 02:40 PM) "Playing a rookie who was rushed up to the big leagues alongside them" is a pretty solid way to waste their prime years IMO. I'm just under the philosophy that if you have a solid core of young talented players (like the Sox do), that there's no time like the present to try and win. There's just no point in my mind trying to build a solid minor league system at this point while there's potential for the Big League team to win NOW. The Sox are only a few pieces away from being a really good team IMO.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 02:33 PM) Of course there's time. The Sox are trying to build a sustainable winner. Ok? Then we'll waste Sale, Abreu, Rodon, and Quintana's prime years trying to build a winner while the Big League team sucks.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:55 PM) JMO - this type of "short term thinking" is a key part of how we have gotten ourselves into this mess. That's definitely true. However, what will happen to the mess while these prospects are developing for several years? That only gives the mess more time to get even worse. The only way to get out of this mess IMO is to try to find guys that can help right the ship as soon as possible.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:48 PM) hard to tell with sox, i'd say 2 years minimum for most teams. The Sox need to pick a guy that they can develop and bring up quick. There's no time for the Sox to give a guy 2, 3, or 4 years to develop. They need major contributors NOW.
-
2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE
When would Tate's ETA to the Majors be? A month, 2 years, what?
-
2015 MLB Draft
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:34 AM) You never worry about that. It is very rare a good player can't crack a line up because of no room. The only reason I mention that is because Eaton is now here for a long time because of his new extension, so I doubt they'd bench him in favor of someone new.
-
2015 MLB Draft
QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:51 AM) I think that would be my pick at this point. A potential top of the order bat that can play legit CF is very appealing. I dont think the Sox should paint themselves into taking a pitcher when the fit may just not be there this year. If the Sox did pick him, where would Eaton go in a few years when Benintendi is in the Big Leagues?
-
2015 MLB Draft
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:00 PM) Not worried about it at all actually. Can you elaborate why?
-
2015 MLB Draft
Is Fulmer really that good though? The dude topped out at 91 or 92 MPH after almost a week rest and he uses so much energy for each pitch that he throws. Those could be warning signs IMO.
-
2015 MLB Draft
In a perfect world, who would you want the Sox to get in the draft at #8? For me, it's Tyler Jay easily.
-
6/7 vs Tigers
AVI. Sweet.
-
6/7 vs Tigers
Shark is awful...enough said.
-
2015 MLB Draft
QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 12:23 PM) I mean, you can never have too much pitching, but they need bats...and a guy who's kind of a natural hitter intrigues me. I haven't heard much about Benintendi. He's an outfielder, right? If he's a talented hitter, I'd by all means take him.
-
2015 MLB Draft
QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 12:10 PM) What about just rolling the dice on a bat like Benintendi? I wouldn't be opposed to that either, but I think pitching is a bigger priority for the Sox at the moment.
-
2015 MLB Draft
I really hope the Sox get Jay. I want nothing to do with Fulmer or Harris. Tate would be ok, but I don't know a ton about him.
-
Dan Jennings to DL
This is probably one of those phantom DL stints. I doubt Jennings is really injured. The Sox probably realize that Jennings is awful, but they don't want to expose him to waivers.
-
**6/6 Game Thread for Sox vs p**** Cats**
Just let Noesi come in and save the rest of the bullpen because they're obviously not coming back here.