Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Fire Chris Getz
Sorry but I don’t buy this at all. Per Spotrac, their 2027 payroll is $84.1 million including arbitration. You can say what you want about Jerry and it’s totally valid to say that they spend poorly, but he has proven to spend when the team is trying to compete. I'm expecting them to have an active offseason. At least one SP, a right handed reliever, and a right handed bat all seem likely.
-
9/18 Tigers @ White Sox, 6:40
They really need Sandlin to pitch deep into this game. Or for the offense to explode. I’m assuming most, if not all the high leverage guys won’t be available tonight.
-
Tigers @ White Sox, 6:40
The bottom of this lineup is so putrid.
-
Tigers @ White Sox, 6:40
Braden just isn’t an MLB caliber hitter from the right side.
-
9/15 GT - White Sox @ Guardians (5:40pm CT)
Martinez got hurt last night and I read DeLauter has a wrist issue. They might not be available tonight, but I’m not complaining about that.
-
9/15 GT - White Sox @ Guardians (5:40pm CT)
DeLauter and Martinez aren’t in their lineup tonight. This is a game the Sox need to have with Messick going tomorrow.
-
9/15 GT - White Sox @ Guardians (5:40pm CT)
I’d let Sam and Teel stay in the lineup even against a lefty. I think they’ve earned it. I agree with sitting the Montgomery’s though and I honestly wish there was a way to sit Mune too. This is where having another right handed hitting infielder would be nice.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
For what it’s worth, Boston Smith has fallen off a cliff in AA of late. It’s still impressive how they managed to take a bad signing in Dominguez and compound it into something way worse though.
-
9/8 6:40 CDT Sox Host Pirates, arrg!
He’s not a huge strikeout guy. I think his skillset could age fairly well. Or he could be the next Keuchel.
-
9/8 6:40 CDT Sox Host Pirates, arrg!
Trading for Detmers and paying Clay Holmes would be a good start.
-
9/3, Sox at Astros, 1:10 PM CT. Castillo vs Brown
Didn’t Crochet only have 2 years of control left when that trade was made?
-
Tommy Pham is back
I’d consider myself a bigger Robert supporter than most, but if they didn’t trade him, who knows if Peters would have blossomed into what he is now. But you are right in that the money they reallocated by trading him ended up providing no value.
-
8/28 White Sox @ Twins: Castillo vs Kremer 7:10 PM (And off-day thread)
I feel like he stands so far off the plate. Might just be me though.
-
8/20 GT - Braves @ White Sox (1:10pm CT)
I don’t trust Brazoban at the moment. I’d like to see a low leverage appearance or two for him to get him back on track.
-
8/20 GT - Braves @ White Sox (1:10pm CT)
Bad news is that Taylor and Newcomb won’t be available. Good news is that Richards and Schweitzer will. Hopefully they score enough so the mop up guys can cover the last few innings.
-
8/19 Games
Thorpe’s fastball has been sitting in the 92-93 range tonight and even hit 94. Pretty encouraging.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
Oh. That’s unfortunate.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
That looks like his right arm and he’s a left handed pitcher.
-
Future of Positional Core
That’s because the last 20 years were all under Reinsdorf’s reign of terror. It’s a different equation now with Ishbia being the light at the end of the tunnel. Trading arguably the second best hitter on the team when the team is in the middle of a competitive window is not something they should do and I don’t believe they will do.
-
Future of Positional Core
The Sox shouldn’t be operating like the Rays and Brewers moving forward. They have nothing on the payroll after 2027 and Ishbia is looking. At the bare minimum, Vargas should be here through the duration of his team control. Trading him as the team is ascending would be mind boggling.
-
8/16 Games
I must have missed it, why is Billy Carlson on the IL again?
-
Future of Positional Core
With all due respect, this is absolutely insane.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
It’s almost like getting rid of Pereira was really stupid.
-
And that's a putting the Guardians back in their place White Sox Winner!
Sox should have won 2 of those games but pissed them away because of bullpen meltdowns. With a stronger relief corps now, hopefully that is the difference.
-
8/9 Sox vs G Words. Nobody goes on vacation to Cleveland. Rubber Match. 1:10, CHSN
I think he was hoping that they would be able to tack on insurance runs in the later innings so the end of the game would be more of a mop up situation than high leverage. Didn’t play out like that but thankfully it worked out anyway.