Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It would have been nice to get the trifecta and can Getz as well PLUS Pedro (is there such a thing as a quadfecta?)

• First Two Horses, Either Order = Quinella
  • First Two Horses In Correct Order = Perfecta
  • First Three Horses in Correct Order = Trifecta
  • First Four Horses in Correct Order = Superfecta

Saratoga - Where Arnold Rothstein hatched the plan to fix the 1919 World Series.

in fairness, playing professional baseball seems like a much better qualification than whatever Rick Hahn's 'credentials' were. I have no opinion on whether or not he's qualified to do the job, but I'd prefer someone from outside the organization...and outside the division. 

2 hours ago, nrockway said:

in fairness, playing professional baseball seems like a much better qualification than whatever Rick Hahn's 'credentials' were. I have no opinion on whether or not he's qualified to do the job, but I'd prefer someone from outside the organization...and outside the division. 

Yeah, very unsure as to what herb makes one qualified for these roles. Getz worked his way up through the system same as others. You can argue with his results and etc and think he's not deserving, but not sure how a lawyer with no baseball knowledge or background beyond contracts is more deserving or qualified than a former big leaguer who worked in the scouting space. 

The WORST thing about chris Getz, ironically enough, is he's tied to Rick Hahn. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, very unsure as to what herb makes one qualified for these roles. Getz worked his way up through the system same as others. You can argue with his results and etc and think he's not deserving, but not sure how a lawyer with no baseball knowledge or background beyond contracts is more deserving or qualified than a former big leaguer who worked in the scouting space. 

Aren't many of the GM's non-MLB players in todays game. Did Theo Epstien play MLB? How about Kim Ng? I don't think Brian Cashman ever played either.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Getz spent 2 years with the Royals as an assistant in player development. That's not much of a qualification to be the Sox Director of Player Development.
Hahn had been assistant GM for 10 years; his skills were certainly limited, but he did have a decade of experience.

That said, it's hard to image that Getz could be worse than Hahn.  But, for myself, I'm rooting for a higher standard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's time.

I don't agree with the end of the first sentence, agree with the rest of it.

I won't be looking for another team if this happens. I will just back off baseball until Jerry is gone and there is hope for the future.

Thank you. Always looking for ways to dislike this franchise. I was actually thinking things would be better for a few hours.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Getz spent 2 years with the Royals as an assistant in player development. That's not much of a qualification to be the Sox Director of Player Development.
Hahn had been assistant GM for 10 years; his skills were certainly limited, but he did have a decade of experience.

That said, it's hard to image that Getz could be worse than Hahn.  But, for myself, I'm rooting for a higher standard.

I'm right there with you. Rooting for better but will literally take scraps. I hate "experience" generally speaking in a space like baseball. Too much experience in that space almost guarantees you're a dinosaur. And you need to be a trend setter not a follower in that type of industry and too much experience hampers that imo. I'd rather give a new set of eyes a shot than some retread with a inconsistent history. I'd probably draw that line somewhere around rizzo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I never said you had to play, I was merely asking what qualifications were in herbs mind.

I know I wasn't necessarily questioning your comment just that general line of thinking as others have brought it up as well. 

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Hahn also had the benefit of learning under Kenny, and did actually start with one area of competency (business, contracts, law).

The Sox lost their best talent evaluator yesterday, as limited as though he may have been at this stage. Now it sounds like Tony has that mantle.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Thank you. Always looking for ways to dislike this franchise. I was actually thinking things would be better for a few hours.

I thought nihilist SoxTalk was over after nearly 3 long years starting with the La Russa debacle. Was looking forward to enjoying a new era of White Sox baseball.

And then I woke up this morning and read Bob’s tweets of Jerry’s plans.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Chris Getz developed four drafted players with a higher career bWAR than Chris' 1.4, during his seven seasons in player development with the White Sox (2016-2023).

Career

• 3.3 Nick Madrigal (2018 R1 4th overall) - 1.6 earned with the Cubs 2022 - YTD 2023
  • 2.7 Jake Burger (2017 R1 11th overall) - 0.9 earned with Miami the past three weeks
  • 1.7 Garrett Crochet (2020 R1 11th overall)
  • 1.5 Ian Hamilton (2016 R11) - 1.7 earned with the Yankees in 2023

White Sox Career bWAR > 1.4

• 1.8 Jake Burger
  • 1.7 Garrett Crochet
  • 1.7 Nick Madrigal

“I'm sure that there's going to be 150 names come up that want to be a part of this organization,” said Grifol when asked about Moore. “This is a really good organization with a great owner. ... All he wants to do is win. So there's a lot of good baseball people out there.

Coming from Pedro, an insider. It must be true. 

22 minutes ago, Texsox said:

“I'm sure that there's going to be 150 names come up that want to be a part of this organization,” said Grifol when asked about Moore. “This is a really good organization with a great owner. ... All he wants to do is win. So there's a lot of good baseball people out there.

Coming from Pedro, an insider. It must be true. 

BSing got Pedro his job. He's hoping it will keep him employed. Manager paychecks are a lot nicer than coach paychecks.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic