Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I’d really like Joseph Contreras tomorrow. I know it was a small sample, but I was impressed how he held his own against the Avengers USA lineup in the WBC. Get the kid more seasoning and I think he can grow into something good.
-
7/11 Games
The fact that he’s doing this in AA now is noteworthy. He might be a legit prospect.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
I will say I’m intrigued by how much money they now have to spend in this draft. They will basically be able to restock the system in one day and I trust Shirley’s decisions. Tomorrow will be fun.
-
Jacob Gonzalez Pulled Mid Inning in AAA
This topic is getting intertwined with the game thread so I wanted to make a separate thread to discuss it.
-
7/10, Athletics @ Sox, 3:40 PM AKDT / 1:40 PM HST
Benintendi was literally just hitting and I think Mune is still in the game. It’s just odd that he got pulled literally in the middle of an inning.
-
After the recent play, is the smart move to sell instead of buy?
There is nobody even worth selling except for Newcomb and potentially Hicks if you can find a sucker to take him. Maybe Grichuk. Everyone else is part of what they are building.
-
7/7 Games
So what you’re saying is that Don Cooper needs to come back.
-
Gamethread: 7/9/26 Sox @ Sox, 1:10
Junior Perez hitting 5th is a choice.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I just read this too. I think giving up Schultz for Detmers defeats the purpose. If they want Carlson and other guys, then sure.
- 7/8/26 - BOS @ CWS, 7:40 PM EST
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Logan Webb has been awful lately. The Giants will get Luisangel Acuna and they will like it.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
Seranthony Dominguez, get ready to learn Pittsburgh buddy.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
It was a while ago at this point, but I always think of Andrew Dalquist and Matthew Thompson. They got more money than I remembered, over $2 million each and neither panned out.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
“Early” is a matter of interpretation but I’d say anything like $500K or more on a high school pitcher is a sizable gamble.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
Like you said, they would have to really trust their pitching development if they draft high school arms early. That’s probably the single most risky player demographic.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
That’s a fair point for sure. It’s funny because historically it’s always been the opposite until now. Another option could be to draft mostly bats and then trade them in a package for a proven pitcher.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
I can’t lie, I would be kind of annoyed if they don’t take a pitcher until the 5th round. I think beefing up the pitching throughout the organization should be a priority in this draft.
-
7/7 GT - Red Sox @ White Sox (6:40pm CST)
I’d really like to know what the “Bannister Lab” does. Can’t think of a single young pitcher in this organization that has meaningfully improved this season other than Burke and that is probably more attributed to Bove than anyone else.
-
7/7 GT - Red Sox @ White Sox (6:40pm CST)
He’s better vs. lefties than Antonacci and Peters. They really need one of Hays/Periera to come back to help balance things out.
-
7/7 GT - Red Sox @ White Sox (6:40pm CST)
Why is Braden Montgomery not playing tonight?
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
I’m not saying Lackey will be anywhere near these guys, but Harper and Schwarber were both originally catchers who got moved to the outfield shortly into their professional careers. There are probably other examples as well. It’s happened before. That said, I’d just take Roch and be done with it.
- 7/6 Games
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Yes I would. I think there is a valid argument that they would be better off trading him for a SP, but Miller is just so good and would secure the closer spot for years to come. I think Bonemer is a great talent but with Roch/Emerson coming, I don’t view him as untouchable.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
It might be a hot take, but I’d trade any prospect in the system for Mason Miller. I know people will say giving up a massive haul for a reliever is a risk, but he’s automatic and has 3.5 years of control. He’s a massive difference maker.
-
7/5 GT - White Sox @ Guardians (1:00pm CST)
So is this game getting played or not?