Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. At this point, I think we can all agree that this team should be buyers to at least some extent at the deadline. So with that in mind, I thought it would be nice to have a central place to share trade ideas, rumors, proposals, etc Ready, go.
  2. Trading Grichuk would be insane. He’s been fantastic since he got here and is one of the best in the league against lefties. They can’t get rid of him.
  3. Hope they can get this one in. The Braves don’t come back obviously and they are without Acuna and Baldwin. Now is the time you want to play them.
  4. He makes me miss Schriffen. At least he talks about the game going on in front of him.
  5. I was just following along on Gameday. I know his velo towards the end of his starts has been a topic of conversation so I was keeping an eye on it.
  6. Hagen’s velo has been better today FWIW. Touched 96 in the 4th.
  7. It’s a good problem to have, but I don’t know where you put him if everyone is healthy. Unless Benintendi/Antonacci can play RF.
  8. I think they will have to choose between Acuna and Nishida when Pereira is ready. And since Nishida has options, I think he’s the odd man out.
  9. As crazy as it sounds, I think Acuna has earned his way onto this team. He’s been hitting better of late and is a game changer on the bases. He’s also pretty solid defensively. I think he serves more of a purpose than Nishida.
  10. Colson desperately needs a full day off.
  11. They gotta swap out Nishida for a right handed hitter. This team is way too left handed heavy.
  12. At the absolute bare minimum, they need to add a reliever. Another starting pitcher would be nice too. With Mune, Teel, Braden, etc coming, I think another bat is less of a priority.
  13. They probably need to swap out Nishida for Hays to get more offense back while Mune is out. Maybe even call up Braden Montgomery.
  14. Schriffen really doesn’t know anything about baseball. Barfield just corrected him in real time. Lol.
  15. Only 1 walk for Hagen is a good sign.
  16. Did Bonemer get hurt?
  17. Venable‘s decision making during games just bothers me. And I know this roster is still really flawed, but he’s getting outmanaged by an SEC manager today.
  18. Outside of the 4th inning yesterday, they haven’t done anything with the bats in this series either. It’s getting frustrating.
  19. Lackey seems to have a lot of helium of late. If they truly think he can handle CF, it becomes an interesting debate.
  20. I keep circling back to Yennier Cano. Having a really good season and has 2.5 years of control. Wonder what it’d take to get him.
  21. Would be funny if they took Landon Thome and Joseph Contreras in the 2nd and 3rd rounds or vice versa.
  22. 7 K’s in 4 innings is nice to see from Sandlin.
  23. Just a terrible game all around. Bad execution, bad managing, bad umpiring.
  24. Competitive game until Hicks blew it. Guy is one of the worst relievers I’ve ever seen on the Sox and that’s saying something. Sandlin better be good.
  25. Antonacci isn’t playing the field in the 9th, but he might have been replaced for defense anyway so I’m not sure it has anything to do with him being hurt.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.