Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. That seems like a good thing by his standards.
  2. I don’t think they could get Miller without trading Bonemer. But I agree with your general point.
  3. I disagree with that. I think the Dunning for Lynn trade worked for the Sox. Lynn was a key part in 2021 and pretty good in 2022 too. He did what they hoped he would do when they acquired him.
  4. I noticed that too. I feel like his swing is different now than it was before he got hurt. Seems like he has more of a leg kick these days.
  5. Need to win this game.
  6. Interesting. Hopefully the Sox take advantage of having a low payroll to take on salaries to reduce the prospect packages going the other way in these trades.
  7. I’m really interested to know what the package going back to Boston would’ve been in this deal.
  8. I’m interested to see what happens to guys like Schultz, Hagen, Carlson, etc at this deadline. This is the first time Getz is calling other teams instead of taking calls. Will be fascinating to see how aggressive he is during a season that wasn’t expected to be a contending year.
  9. That’s fair. If this hypothetically happened, they would definitely have to trade for a SP. Maybe Miller and then a rental SP like Gausman/Peralta/Ray and then throw money at a SP in free agency in the offseason.
  10. I’d make the argument that Miller is the single most impactful addition they could make among the realistic trade targets except for Webb.
  11. I have no idea who this is, but here you go.
  12. Twitter/Reddit burned me to the stake for that tweet but that’s what I was trying to say. I guess I should’ve specified by saying backup catcher. I just can’t handle much more of Drew Romo. He’s not even good enough defensively to make up for his nonexistent bat.
  13. I don’t think this guy has ever gotten anything right in the years he has cosplayed as an insider. It’s quite impressive that he hasn’t gotten a single thing right just out of sheer luck.
  14. At this point I wouldn’t be that upset if they tried to capitalize on his pedigree and ship him off somewhere. I’m not convinced he will ever throw enough strikes to be a quality MLB pitcher.
  15. Hagen Smith can’t stop walking people, so that’s great.
  16. Like how they brought in several undrafted pitchers too. Maybe one of them turns into something.
  17. Seen several posts like this today, feel like it’s odd that Fegan would mention Detmers specifically. Usually the Sox try to keep quiet about these things.
  18. I just don’t see them taking on that contract. But with Ishbia in the fold, you never know.
  19. The Sox could potentially put the nail in the coffin for the Blue Jays this weekend. If that happens, Kevin Gausman makes a lot of sense.
  20. Is Konerko’s kid actually good or no?
  21. Solid college numbers, seems like another good addition.
  22. 38 steals in 24 games in the Northwoods League, found our Billy Hamilton for the playoffs.
  23. This Fitzwater guy gives me Tim Elko vibes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.