Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Tanner McDougal and Hagen Smith promoted, Sandlin and Schultz optioned to AAA
That would be disappointing.
-
8/7 Sox vs. Guardians 6:40PM CT
Yesterday felt like a loss before it even started because of the circumstances of the previous game. What bothered me more than losing yesterday was not using Newcomb in the final Red Sox game because they were “saving” him for yesterday and then he ended up not even pitching. They could have won that Red Sox game if Newcomb pitched instead of Richards or Murphy.
-
Tanner McDougal and Hagen Smith promoted, Sandlin and Schultz optioned to AAA
If Kay finishes the season strong, I think he could actually have decent trade value in the offseason. He will essentially be on a 1 year/$6 million contract, but I doubt he is part of the long term plans here. As such, it could make sense to flip him. I’d like a rotation of Burke/free agent signing/trade acquisition/Martin/Castillo. Go package up some prospects for a proven top of the rotation guy and then spend some money on another proven arm.
-
Tanner McDougal and Hagen Smith promoted, Sandlin and Schultz optioned to AAA
If Bonemer was more experienced I’d say bring him up too but I think it would be a major rush job and they can’t afford to ruin him.
-
Chi Sox @ Bo Sox 6:10 First Pitch
He couldn’t hit lefties even when he was going well. That’s probably part of the reason they got Doyle.
-
White Sox acquiring Joey Bart from ATL
Their asking price for him is probably outrageous.
-
White Sox acquiring Joey Bart from ATL
They gave up nothing and he’s way better than Romo. What’s the issue?
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
You being negative, I am shocked.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I was in a meeting for like 45 meetings and came back to see that message. I started panicking.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
What was the second deal besides Brazoban?
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Tomorrow better be all-time or else this deadline will be a massive bust. So boring.
-
Mason Adam’s pulled from starting tonight
There’s no way those 3 cost that much. If that’s what the Mets want then they are insane.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Don’t know where to put this, but apparently Braden got scratched from the lineup today.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
I don’t think they should have had to given up Smith but a portion of this fanbase thinks every prospect is going to be a Hall of Famer. This is the first bad season of Castillo’s career and they had been jerking him around with the piggyback stuff. I think a change of scenery might help him.
-
Castillo to Sox for Dominguez, Boston Smith, Nolan Jones per Passan
The overreactions both on here and Twitter are insane and I am the king of overreactions here. The Sox gave up nothing in this trade besides Smith. The vast majority of this fanbase wanted Dominguez gone for awhile now. Castillo isn’t what he once was, but he clearly fills a need here and sending Dominguez’s contact the other way evens out the money a bit. They still need another starter. But I think the people saying the Sox got fleeced are crazy.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I’d prefer Stephenson and then use better prospects for pitching. I don’t think the Sox need to reinvent the wheel at the catching position. They just need to find someone who won’t kill them on a daily basis like Quero and Romo have. Stephenson is respectable enough to do the job.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Carlson for Rutschman would be rough. If Adley had more control then maybe, but they should use Carlson to get pitching.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
That would be…uninspiring.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Yeah, I don’t think Springer really adds anything here. But the fact that they are willing to take on money will hopefully help them get pitching.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
They have already said they are willing to take on payroll.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
They desperately need some starters for the Rays series. That is going to be rough if Schultz and Fedde are pitching.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
The Angels are so far away that they should focus on getting the most talent back regardless of where they are in the minors. Then again, it’s the Angels. Wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted guys to plug into their lineup right away.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I bet they are asking for Bonemer.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
If they are actually relying on Jose Urquidy to provide meaningful innings, then they are toast.
-
What is your trade deadline prediction?
Would require more than just Teel I think, but it’s an interesting concept. Someone else on Twitter suggested trading Teel after he got hurt like they did with Madrigal in 2021.