Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OmarComing25

Forum Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmarComing25

  1. Damnit that single was just bad luck.
  2. Alright Rodon how about getting ahead in the count this inning?
  3. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 10, 2016 -> 07:35 PM) Holland is so overpowering He is locating well this inning.
  4. QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 07:24 PM) I'm going to keep saying until you people stroke my ego and acknowledge it: 1 Sale 2 Q (but really a 1) 3 4 Latos 5 Miguel Gonzalez/Carlos Rodon There's a glaring hole on this team. It sort of seems like you want Rodon to struggle.
  5. I don't see what's so controversial about what the author said, the pitch to contact version of Sale is still a very good pitcher, I just think the high strikeout one is more elite. Sale got some bad luck on balls in play last year, and he's got some good luck this year. Yes, the defense is improved, but I still don't expect that .206 BABIP to last. He's getting fewer swings on pitches out of the strike zone this year by a significant amount, and overall hitters are making a lot more contact. That to me is a bit concerning. I know it's due to a shift in strategy and Sale still can go back to using his stuff when he wants to, I'd just prefer he do it more, I think it's a more sustainable strategy going forward. Yeah the ridiculous K numbers didn't lead to such a great ERA last year, but people seem to forget his K numbers were almost just as ridiculous in 2014, and that worked about as well as it could have. I'm not complaining about the results so far, they've been excellent, and if Sale sticks to pitching to contact I think he'll be more than fine, but I just think the high-K version is better.
  6. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/chris-sale-new-and-improved/ I have to agree with the author that I prefer the high-strikeout Sale to the pitch to contact version, despite good early results so far. That big drop in swinging strike rate is concerning. I'm not as concerned about the drop in velocity, as his max velocity has remained unchanged, so that seems like it could be intentional by Sale in an effort to switch speeds more often. There's a lot of ball in play jargon in the article, but I thought it was an interesting read.
  7. QUOTE (Vance Law @ May 10, 2016 -> 03:00 PM) And 4 starting pitchers having career years at the same time. I'll give you Buehrle, Garland and Contreras, but Garcia was better in '01 and '04.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2016 -> 01:47 PM) Sox were picked something like 3rd or 4th going into the season. Fans were really divided on the Pods/Carlos Lee trade. Not a whole lot of optimism pre-season. Bandwagon got rolling early with a hot start. Pretty similar to this year honestly. I still remember watching Sportscenter do their AL Central preview before the season started, and the only team they didn't even mention was the White Sox. Pissed me off.
  9. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 10, 2016 -> 01:22 PM) Please tell me we play the Braves this year. July 8th-10th at home right before the All-Star Break. I hope they're still playing like hot garbage then.
  10. QUOTE (shysocks @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:31 PM) Which is true today, but coming into the season very few people would have agreed. Let's see where we're at in July and if short is still our greatest need on offense or if Avi pulls the rug out again and leaves us wanting a DH. We can afford to be patient at SS - the only other contender who would be eager to upgrade there is Washington, if the current landscape holds. The Rays and Tigers have underwhelming guys in Miller and Iglesias, but they're also invested in those guys. Texas won't want to wave the white flag on Andrus yet. Washington will call up Trea Turner at some point, so they're not even really competition for SS upgrades.
  11. QUOTE (oldsox @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:55 AM) His WHIP took a beating last two games. Yesterday, 2 runs. Previous outing, he gave up a hit and a walk in one scoreless inning. He looked shaky to me. So he's looked shaky for two whole days, big deal. That happens occasionally to literally every pitcher.
  12. @obxleatherman Every team who has played at Turner Field this season has won at least two games there, except the Braves.
  13. I really doubt the Yankees are going to be sellers.
  14. QUOTE (Dunt @ May 10, 2016 -> 10:53 AM) I wonder if the Yankees would have any interest in getting Tanaka off the books if they do intend of having a fire sale? Nolasco's peripherals dont look too bad this season and I'm sure the Twins wouldnt mind having him off the books. Not sure I would want him for another season or two, but could be worse. Nolasco has always had OK peripherals, but the ERA never seems to match, there's always been a big gap. He's a consistent underperformer, and I don't think it's a fluke.
  15. http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/silicon-v...g-explained.php Makes a lot of sense. Also Richard's kneepads seemed a bit too obvious. He tripped on purpose. That Jared joke slayed me.
  16. Only 1 game off the 2005 pace right now.
  17. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:28 PM) Strasburg signs a 7 year, $175 million extension with the Nationals. Apparently during the middle of a start! SP free agent class after this year was already really thin, now it's really horrible. The best SP available will be... Volquez? Cashner? Iwakuma? Hill? Yuck.
  18. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:16 PM) And like 4 fWAR. It would be a very "three true outcome + defense" 4 WAR year. Joe Crede style really. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Frazier is not a three true outcome guy, he doesn't strike out that much. He has a low average because he's hit so many pop ups, not because of strikeouts.
  19. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:14 PM) Don't look now, but the Sox now have given up the least runs in the AL and scored the 3rd most. This is a good team folks. 91 runs in their last 16 games, 5.7 runs/game
  20. Shoutout to Lawrie and Jennings for that game-saving double play ball. Huge play!
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:06 PM) Tough loss
  22. Wasn't going to get him anyway

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.