7/16/16 Sox @ Angels Shields vs Shoemaker

Condor13

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Doesn't mean people want them to lose if they think they should be sellers.

Oh give me a break. Those two directly coincide with each other

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 01:55 AM)
Is anyone wanting them to lose yet on here? Haven't seen that yet. Doesn't mean many on here don't think they can compete with the top AL teams the rest of the way and selling should be a legit option in two weeks.

I have followed Sox baseball for 57 years. I understand cyber frustration of not having a winning team but you are not out of the race until mathematically eliminated and we aren't

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
I have followed Sox baseball for 57 years. I understand cyber frustration of not having a winning team but you are not out of the race until mathematically eliminated and we aren't

There's still room to be hopeful, but if they go 2-4 on the road trip, it's absolutely time to hope for losses and real moves that will positively impact the future. Because the present isn't good enough. That's how baseball works in 2016.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 02:03 AM)

So no team would ever trade by the deadline then?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)

Come on dude, you're better than this. I want the team to win every single night, but that doesn't mean I can't be objective. We're 4.5 games out of a playoff spot and have some serious holes on our roster with limited chips to fill them. While I'm starting to lean towards selling, it definitely doesn't mean I want them to lose. The two have nothing to do with one another.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 17, 2016 -> 02:10 AM)
We trade to improve at this point. I am only worried about the Sox

By your guideline, why would a team trade anyone to the Sox as they aren't eliminated either

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
We trade to improve at this point. I am only worried about the Sox

Then you have to be willing to part with Anderson, Fulmer, or Adams. They are the only prospects on the Sox who will bring back any impactful players.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Come on dude, you're better than this. I want the team to win every single night, but that doesn't mean I can't be objective. We're 4.5 games out of a playoff spot and have some serious holes on our roster with limited chips to fill them. While I'm starting to lean towards selling, it definitely doesn't mean I want them to lose. The two have nothing to do with one another.

They will lose if they sell. For maybe a long time. Trading Sale doesnt = winning baseball. Really trading anyone on the roster doesnt equate to more wins. Not in the near future and potentially long term future.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)

Oh that's bulls***. I want them to win until they're eliminated. But I want them to sell because this way isn't getting it done. Can Hahn rebuild moving the main core? I'm not so sure. But I'm over this missing the playoffs being mediocre s***. I'm tired of half ass roster retools. I'd rather be excited knowing guys like Moncada, Benintendi, etc are coming up. To be honest, the most exciting things with the sox now are prospects being called up. This team f***ing sucks. Being shutout again. This scoreless inning streak against s*** opponents is embarrassing. Shame on this organization. I'll be here to root them on but I'm over this fools gold.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Oh that's bulls***. I want them to win until they're eliminated. But I want them to sell because this way isn't getting it done. Can Hahn rebuild moving the main core? I'm not so sure. But I'm over this missing the playoffs being mediocre s***. I'm tired of half ass roster retools. I'd rather be excited knowing guys like Moncada, Benintendi, etc are coming up. To be honest, the most exciting things with the sox now are prospects being called up. This team f***ing sucks. Being shutout again. This scoreless inning streak against s*** opponents is embarrassing. Shame on this organization. I'll be here to root them on but I'm over this fools gold.

Oh the hyperbole is ripe today

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
They will lose if they sell. For maybe a long time. Trading Sale doesnt = winning baseball. Really trading anyone on the roster doesnt equate to more wins. Not in the near future and potentially long term future.

They're already f***ing losing. What's it matter?! No playoff appearance since 2008. I agree this doesn't equate to more wins but stock piling young talent maybe more beneficial than this s***.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Is anyone wanting them to lose yet on here? Haven't seen that yet. Doesn't mean many on here don't think they can compete with the top AL teams the rest of the way and selling should be a legit option in two weeks.

I definitely want them to test the market as sellers and start adding young pieces to the ML roster and see if they can shed some of their bigger salaries (Cabera and Robertson) for more flexibility going forward.

And if the Sox are mathematically eliminated, I hope they lose as many games as possible for better draft position and a bigger INTL pool.