TV and Netflix Thread

hi8is

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
I enjoyed The Good Place. Some good laughs in there.

Excited for Designated Survivor tonight. Would have been 100 times better on a cable network, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

Watched it, and interested. They set up some decent story lines potentially, though I am already annoyed with the whole general who will do anything to go to war guy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
Watched it, and interested. They set up some decent story lines potentially, though I am already annoyed with the whole general who will do anything to go to war guy.

Ha, I thought the same thing. Way over the top. I also thought there were too many quiet conversations. For a pilot, after such a big event like 98% of the country's leaders being killed, that should have been a fast hour of hectic "what should we do now" moments. Instead it seemed to drag every 5 minutes when Sutherland's character and his wife would talk about their feelings. Has me concerned for the pacing going forward but i'm hopeful they'll work it out.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
Ha, I thought the same thing. Way over the top. I also thought there were too many quiet conversations. For a pilot, after such a big event like 98% of the country's leaders being killed, that should have been a fast hour of hectic "what should we do now" moments. Instead it seemed to drag every 5 minutes when Sutherland's character and his wife would talk about their feelings. Has me concerned for the pacing going forward but i'm hopeful they'll work it out.

I especially had that thought in the scene where they let him walk outside... alone... after a gigantic terror attack on the capital which killed pretty much everyone. Contrast that with the stories from 9/11 where the Secret Service quite literally told W that he couldn't go back to Washington no matter how much he insisted to go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
I especially had that thought in the scene where they let him walk outside... alone... after a gigantic terror attack on the capital which killed pretty much everyone. Contrast that with the stories from 9/11 where the Secret Service quite literally told W that he couldn't go back to Washington no matter how much he insisted to go.

Yeah the fact that he - and his family - were in the White House was dumb. Ultimately that's where this show is going to fail for me. Network drama's just gloss over the reality of most situations for some reason (drop in, drop out viewers maybe?).

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
The JonBenet Ramsey Investigative thing on CBS was really good. They had a private team reinvestigate the case basically. I don't want to give it away but the conclusion makes a lot of sense.

If you got time do you mind throwing the conclusion in spoiler tags and posting it in here? I'm intrigued but I'll probably never get around to watching this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
If you got time do you mind throwing the conclusion in spoiler tags and posting it in here? I'm intrigued but I'll probably never get around to watching this.

The investigative team reached the conclusion that Burke killed his sister, most likely on accident, and the Ramseys covered it up.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)

This is a pretty solid summary.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/t...learned-w440951

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
The JonBenet Ramsey Investigative thing on CBS was really good. They had a private team reinvestigate the case basically. I don't want to give it away but the conclusion makes a lot of sense.

Totally agree. Loved their approach and the effort they put into an actual investigation, instead of just rehashing the history of it. IMO, if you are going to watch just one of the specials, watch the CBS one.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 22, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)

The investigative team reached the conclusion that Burke killed his sister, most likely on accident, and the Ramseys covered it up.

So I lied and ended up watching it today. After watching and then reading about everything as well, this honestly seems like the most logical answer to me.

• 3 weeks later...