9/4 Games

Quin

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Solorzano gave up 0 hits as well. I'm sure some here will call him a sleeper prospect next season.

Not sure he'd qualify as a sleeper. I guess it depends on your definition. He's been on the back end of our Top 30 for a few cycles now. Though I admit I don't see him on any other lists. He lacks velo, and I am guessing that scares some folks off. Or at least that was the report last year - he's still a teenager and he had a pretty low-effort delivery, so it's possible he's added a few ticks this year. I don't have any local reports to work from.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
Not sure he'd qualify as a sleeper. I guess it depends on your definition. He's been on the back end of our Top 30 for a few cycles now. Though I admit I don't see him on any other lists. He lacks velo, and I am guessing that scares some folks off. Or at least that was the report last year - he's still a teenager and he had a pretty low-effort delivery, so it's possible he's added a few ticks this year. I don't have any local reports to work from.

Talked with Matt Zaleski (GF pitching coach) about Solorzano a couple weeks ago. That interview should be up soon at FutureSox.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
Not sure he'd qualify as a sleeper. I guess it depends on your definition.

You know I wouldn't, but that term is thrown around very loosely here over the years. Hell, there was people calling Gio a sleeper a few years back and he was a top 5 prospect for us.