Tyler Saladino

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Because 9 games ago, he had a .690 OPS. Combine that with his .627 OPS last season, not good. Carlos Sanchez had a hot month last year. I don't see people wanting him to be a regular. He isn't as good as he has been recently, he wasn't as bad as he was previously. To say he's a starter is very premature, and that isn't even getting into the physical problems he's had since he took over for Lawrie. Missed a bunch of games with a bad back. Missed some more now with a calf problem. His minor league career is sprinkled with physical issues.

In five seasons Brett Lawrie has never played 150 games. He has only been over 125 once. He has been under 100 twice.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
In five seasons Brett Lawrie has never played 150 games. He has only been over 125 once. He has been under 100 twice.

Right, and Saladino has the same issues. If you could get a haul for Lawrie, fine. What are you going to get for him? The team will be able to use both, and they both will probably miss time. I like having guys working on the last year of their contracts. Much more positive than negative.

And while I am sure Saladino would rather play just one position, his value is in his ability to play multiple positions. Getting away from that doesn't make much sense to me.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Right, and Saladino has the same issues. If you could get a haul for Lawrie, fine. What are you going to get for him? The team will be able to use both, and they both will probably miss time. I like having guys working on the last year of their contracts. Much more positive than negative.

And while I am sure Saladino would rather play just one position, his value is in his ability to play multiple positions. Getting away from that doesn't make much sense to me.

Agreed. Plus it's great insurance.