Best Backyard for kids?

iamshack

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
I dunno man, you'd have about 3 weeks out of the year when you could comfortably open up the space. After that it's bug city.

Yeah it looks like just french doors opening up to it with screens, but still could be cool.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 07:01 PM)
Yeah it looks like just french doors opening up to it with screens, but still could be cool.

Oh if you had screens that'd be perfect. I thought you meant those huge convertible, open air spaces like you see in mansions in Hawaii or other islands. Those would be amazing to have, but not doable with the bugs here.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Oh if you had screens that'd be perfect. I thought you meant those huge convertible, open air spaces like you see in mansions in Hawaii or other islands. Those would be amazing to have, but not doable with the bugs here.

Thats exactly what my contractor said.

Met with the guys from Sports Court tonight. Looking at doing something in the range of '75-80 x '55, which would allow for full court basketball. They are going to have me meet them at a court in the area tomorrow that is of similar dimensions, so I can get a sense of the dimensions/size. Pretty fired up about this! Might have a completed court in the backyard in time for Thanksgiving!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Putting anything cool at halfcourt? ;)

Funny that you ask, Russ. We were going to, but the logos cost about $1200. They offered to throw in one for free, but I used that upgrade to get them to upgrade us to LED lighting fixtures instead. My wife wanted Ohio State and I wanted Oregon, so we compromised and did neither.

At least this way it isn't personalized in case we need to move or something.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Funny that you ask, Russ. We were going to, but the logos cost about $1200. They offered to throw in one for free, but I used that upgrade to get them to upgrade us to LED lighting fixtures instead. My wife wanted Ohio State and I wanted Oregon, so we compromised and did neither.

At least this way it isn't personalized in case we need to move or something.

Your wife is a smart lady

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
Your wife is a smart lady

I figured you'd like that ;)

Dialing in the final contractors outside of the scope of Sport Court, which will handle the court construction.

The electrical work and the tree removal work are significant expenses.

Chose the final court design last evening. Expecting tree removal to begin next week, then the concrete work. We may have a bit of a lull while we wait for the court materials, the basketball systems, the netting systems, the lighting systems, etc. to be shipped to the contractor.

The week of Thanksgiving is still the target completion date.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
So, how does this work as a yard for kids, again? ;)

Hah, I will admit this is definitely also for me, and even for the wife...particularly in the first few years. But even on day 1, we'll be able to use it as a play area for basically anything.