2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
New information emerges, FBI reopens investigation of Clinton on her emails. Wonder if this makes people question their decision to vote for her or is everyone by this point solidly in one camp or the other.

That's not at all what the letter says. If they were reopening the investigation they would've said that.

That doesn't stop Jason Chaffetz from saying so, but then again nothing does.

Edited by Ezio Auditore

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
New information emerges, FBI reopens investigation of Clinton on her emails. Wonder if this makes people question their decision to vote for her or is everyone by this point solidly in one camp or the other.

I definitely have reservations about her but the idea of voting Trump is a non-starter.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
That's not at all what the letter says. If they were reopening the investigation they would've said that.

Semantics I suppose, but they're looking into it:

“I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
As much as I love Carlin, citing "pissing off women about what they named their kids" isn't exactly giving Carlin his due for genius. Instead it's low-hanging fruit that really should have been beneath him.

I should have added how he pissed off other segments of the audience as well. He had a bit on suicide and how he's in favor of it. He had a bit on hating all people. He had a bit on how when he hears there is an earthquake the first thing he checks is how many people died cause he hates everybody. He also was a genius.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)

Thank goodness FBI reopens email probe. I wish we could have an emergency delay in the election process and start over. The two candidates are unfit to be president. I was talking to a good friend about the FBI last night and how disappointed we both were in their being corrupt in letting Hillary off the hook without formal charges. I thought Comey should go to jail. Thank goodness this is happening, though I know no details yet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
Is Kaine any good? Will he be a good president if she gets impeached right away?

Tim Kaine is a boring, completely normal white dude, like almost all of our presidential candidates. Just about the same as any other Democrat. He'd be fine.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Semantics I suppose, but they're looking into it:

“I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."

I actually kind of feel bad for FBI here. On one hand, more explanation is needed, the timing requires more than a 3 paragraph letter. On the other hand, they found more information through an unrelated case, and learned of it yesterday, and need to say that.

But...you leave yourself open to jason chaffetz being an idiot too.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
Tim Kaine is a boring, completely normal white dude, like almost all of our presidential candidates. Just about the same as any other Democrat. He'd be fine.

Interesting. He might have to take over pretty quickly depending on what they find. There are so many wild scenarios here. Like what if she wins in a landslide and before inauguration day is put on trial or something.

What little information we know (know should be in scare quotes)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
I actually kind of feel bad for FBI here. On one hand, more explanation is needed, the timing requires more than a 3 paragraph letter. On the other hand, they found more information through an unrelated case, and learned of it yesterday, and need to say that.

But...you leave yourself open to jason chaffetz being an idiot too.

With all due respect mags, why feel sorry for the FBI? Comey initially said there "was no intent" so that's why Hillary got off the hook. That was an embarrassing defense of not prosecuting Hillary. It led to all the "intent" jokes. Yeah I robbed that bank but my intent was good. I need to put 3 kids through college." My point is how canyou feel bad for anything concerning Comey?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Intent is actually an important part of whether or not some actions are a crime!

Again with all due respect ... I didn't intend on dropping that cigarette butt in the trash can in my failing restaurant and didn't know it would burn down." etc etc.

That was a very weak excuse of Comey the first time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Again with all due respect ... I didn't intend on dropping that cigarette butt in the trash can in my failing restaurant and didn't know it would burn down." etc etc.

In your scenario, that's the difference between arson and not being charged with anything.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)

Are robbing banks and setting failing businesses on fire with cigarettes in trash cans common accidents?