World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
They had a chance bottom of 9th and had s***ty at bats against a dead tired Chapman.

Its amazing Chapman pitched better after giving up the HR than Allen and Shaw. Indians continually look like they want to make it close......but then wet themselves

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 04:27 AM)
I don't mind Rizzo, but his putting his hands on his head with the OMG reminds me of actors when they win an Academy Award and go through the "I have nothing prepared, I never thought I would win" phony routine.

Great point. Good post.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
This. A million times, this.

That Davis home run was a complete fluke. The Cubs just flat out wanted it more and are the better team.

When you have Goliath down on the ground, you better put the dagger through his skull. The tribe couldn't do that.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
Its amazing Chapman pitched better after giving up the HR than Allen and Shaw. Indians continually look like they want to make it close......but then wet themselves

He didn't pitch that well. Kipnis had the best approach but the other AB's were bad. The best approach to take as a hitter there is to work the count and keep fouling off pitches until he hangs a slider. He was throwing a lot of them.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
He didn't pitch that well. Kipnis had the best approach but the other AB's were bad.

I seriously thought Kipnis at least doubled off him on that ball he fouled off.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 04:32 AM)
Also as you guys mentioned, why did Shaw pitch outside to Zobrist knowing that's where he was aiming? And why weren't they shaded defensively after seeing it?

Yep the pitch before scared me. Can't throw same pitch three straight times to him

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
I'm confused why he was left in after Schwarber rips one and Bryant nearly homers.

He's pitched well in the series. The problem is that as the series prolonged, the Cubs got more looks at these guys. I don't think it's a coincidence why the Cubs have hit much better in the past 3 games.