Trade/FA Predictions for Rest of Off Season

GGajewski18

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
with turner likely going back to the dodgers Frazier's market appears to be the cards, mets and rockies. I doubt the dodgers want to push much further past the 220m that Olney is reporting. Jansen is likely to get an AAV of 15-17mil Robertson + Jones and Lawrie as a throw in to play 2B could go a long way in securing the back end of their pen and not pushing them to much further into the tax, especially if the sox pick up some money on Robertson to bring back an even nicer package.

I really like cards prospects. If we could pry Magneuris Sierra (username change to bmagneuris would be on table) and Sosa from them I'd be very happy. Also wouldn't mind if we got some wild card like Breyvic Valera.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:22 AM)
I really like cards prospects. If we could pry Magneuris Sierra (username change to bmagneuris would be on table) and Sosa from them I'd be very happy. Also wouldn't mind if we got some wild card like Breyvic Valera.

Sierra and Sosa are decent prospects, but neither offers any power to speak of

Sosa does not walk much, and is not regarded as a plus hitter which gives me concerns about the bat playing at the mlb level

Sierra has good speed and a tick above average hit tool, but I'd really like to see our system add some power

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)

Sosa does not walk much, and is not regarded as a plus hitter which gives me concerns about the bat playing at the mlb level

Sierra has good speed and a tick above average hit tool, but I'd really like to see our system add some power

I don't think we are going to get much for Frazier.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)

Yea the sox are quickly going away from that (thank god). Even a guy like Tilson regardless of what he's projected to be, has a solid contact rate throughout his minor league career.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
Yea the sox are quickly going away from that (thank god). Even a guy like Tilson regardless of what he's projected to be, has a solid contact rate throughout his minor league career.

Basabe is a player we should be gambling on, because if he can improve his hit tool all of the other tools are above average

But a player with an average hit tool and below average power are dime a dozen.

Frazier might not get us a ton in a trade, but should return 2 decent prospects and maybe a low level flyer

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
In terms of what is cheap right now, I'd like to see the team target power bats, in anticipation of that market starting to swing the other way again.

Now that the Sox have infused more quality pitching into the farm, I'd like to see some power bats as well. Houston has the bats and the Sox have the pitcher, someone is going to blink.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
RP David Robertson to the Nationals for C Pedro Severino and OF Juan Soto

3B Todd Frazier to the Cardinals (miss out on Justin Turner) for 3B Jhonny Peralta (potential flip at the deadline, 1 year remaining), C Carson Kelly, and SP Dakota Hudson

Like I said, I think this could be done now that Turner and Jansen have both resigned with LAD

Edited by SoxPride18