Baseball Prospectus ranks

Princess Dye

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Seems very odd that the players we think the Sox have targeted have moved up on a lot of these lists ( Meadows, Tucker, Marte, Keller )while the guys they acquired are moving down (Moncada, Giolito).

In fairness to Moncada, Benintendi moved up more than he moved down.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
In fairness to Moncada, Benintendi moved up more than he moved down.

I understand that. I said myself if I had to choose it would 've been Benintendi over Moncada but since the thread is about the Baseball prospectus list which ranks Moncada at 5 it's not just Benintendi. I don't think Moncada has been a universal #2 pick on the other lists either though I am not 100 % sure of that.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 11:55 PM)
I understand that. I said myself if I had to choose it would 've been Benintendi over Moncada but since the thread is about the Baseball prospectus list which ranks Moncada at 5 it's not just Benintendi. I don't think Moncada has been a universal #2 pick on the other lists either though I am not 100 % sure of that.

Moncada seems to have a higher ceiling, while Benintendi appears to have a higher floor

It is likely that both are excellent players

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
It would be shuffling madness to put him in the pen to soon. There is no reason you can't pamper him this year and if he is still dominating he would be able to fetch highly regarded position prospects. Supply/demand stuff could work out...unless he has locomotive breathe!

I didn't know this would become a thing in the thread. But I like it.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
I didn't know this would become a thing in the thread. But I like it.

I absolutely am not suggesting he should be put in the pen right away. He absolutely should be given the chance to start.

Realistically, I think he ends up in the pen, albeit with the potential to be an electric arm in setup or closing role