Baseball Prospectus ranks

Princess Dye

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
What is really nice is to see a couple of guys on that list that we actually drafted.

If Hansen carries his performance from 2016 over to 2017 then he will for sure be a top 100 prospect by mid season

Hansen is still a high risk prospect, both to remain healthy and improve his control over the course of a whole season

If everything breaks right he could be a #2 starter at ceiling, the floor is never making it out of the minors and the control never comes

He was a very good second round pick due to the big upside though

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
Very cool seeing him on a top 100 list for the first time!

Nice getting Hansen some love, but I feel like he has to prove more to be considered a top 100 prospect

He blew away rookie ball hitters, but still needs to show more control against better competition

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 11:19 AM)
Nice getting Hansen some love, but I feel like he has to prove more to be considered a top 100 prospect

He blew away rookie ball hitters, but still needs to show more control against better competition

EhVlad Guerrero Jr. made some top 100's and he's only 17 and never been in full season ball yet. Just depends on your criteria .

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)
Interesting that Lopez is higher than Kopech. This list must be higher on floors and proximity to MLB than potential.

Levine said that he is hearing from our scouts that Lopez is the best of the group. They think he is the closest. I heard him say that yesterday and at first was in shock but then I remember who was the person saying it.

Could be valid though.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
If Hansen carries his performance from 2016 over to 2017 then he will for sure be a top 100 prospect by mid season

Hansen is still a high risk prospect, both to remain healthy and improve his control over the course of a whole season

If everything breaks right he could be a #2 starter at ceiling, the floor is never making it out of the minors and the control never comes

He was a very good second round pick due to the big upside though

Hansen is fun for discussion purposes. Realistically his floor is Jeff Soptic... a hardthrower who can't go anywhere. His upside is Cy Young with an 75/80 fastball and 80 slider, and average control.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
Hansen is fun for discussion purposes. Realistically his floor is Jeff Soptic... a hardthrower who can't go anywhere. His upside is Cy Young with an 75/80 fastball and 80 slider, and average control.

My irrational love of Hansen tells me he still has the highest ceiling of all our arms, even though I know it's really Rodon and Giolito.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:02 PM)
My irrational love of Hansen tells me he still has the highest ceiling of all our arms.

I would have said that with no doubts 4 months ago. Today, that would be a great discussion, and I think you could make an argument that if EVERYTHING went right Hansen could be better than all except maybe Rodon.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 12:02 PM)
My irrational love of Hansen tells me he still has the highest ceiling of all our arms, even though I know it's really Rodon and Giolito.

Throw Kopech into the discussion too. Just imagine 100MPH on the black on both sides of the plate up and down in the zone hitting all 4 corners. Now that's a ceiling.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Levine said that he is hearing from our scouts that Lopez is the best of the group. They think he is the closest. I heard him say that yesterday and at first was in shock but then I remember who was the person saying it.

Could be valid though.

It could be valid. He's a smallish guy for a pitcher so there are questions about his durability but his repertoire is pretty good as is his stuff.

If you haven't seen it yet here's a little video and story on that 11 K game he had with the Nats.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/196369140/re...in-over-braves/

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
It could be valid. He's a smallish guy for a pitcher so there are questions about his durability but his repertoire is pretty good as is his stuff.

If you haven't seen it yet here's a little video and story on that 11 K game he had with the Nats.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/196369140/re...in-over-braves/

Still not a fan of that upright, lack of follow through. It does help with command however. He's one that will be interesting to follow his injury history.