ST games in Milwaukee

SAVVY18

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
There will be a lot of boos in the Cell this year. There are a lot more fans like me than those who love Sabes and rebuilds. Fans like me will be staying away in droves once the team opens 1-10 and loses at an unprecedented rate.

What is proper fan decorum this year? Cheer when the other team scores? And just observe our guys for potential trades? Or cheer for the Sox all the way til the late innings and then root for the other team to rally and win? Somebody needs to explain proper fan decorum this year considering losses are good.

You're a special man.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like everyone here not named greg, will be wearing my White Sox apparel with pride because it's who I am. If someone wants to talk about how bad they are, that's fine. I might get frustrated myself, but trust me, if it weren't for my job and my family, I would be a season ticket holder right now.

But please, greg. I'll say it again. Stay away. It took a lot of us a very long time to accept that the rebuild is the best thing for this organization. We don't really need you whining and crying about how bad the team is. We know it's bad. We have a solid GM who is watching the same thing we are.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
This is as happy I've been as a Sox fan for probably the last 4 seasons??

And before Greg comes in with his bulls***, no one is happy they are going to be bad. It's about using just a tad of intellect, understanding the path they were on was NOT working and they finally seem to have a plan with a long term objective in mind.

Let's not kid ourselves, aside from a fun April in 2016, we haven't seen a lot of quality baseball on the South Side in a while. This is going to be worse, but it's not like they are coming off a 95 win season. At least now they are trying to lose, and it's for a purpose.

Well said. It's simple. If the Sox are going to be bad, I'd rather they be bad while developing young talent like Anderson and Moncada instead of whatever the last ten-ish seasons have been.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
But please, greg. I'll say it again. Stay away. It took a lot of us a very long time to accept that the rebuild is the best thing for this organization. We don't really need you whining and crying about how bad the team is. We know it's bad. We have a solid GM who is watching the same thing we are.

Greg sounds like many Cub fans did 4 or 5 years ago and guess what??? they all came back.

Sometimes you've got to go through hell before you get to heaven.

I endured the rebuild of the late 80s, and I was rewarded for it.

My health keeps me from attending games, but I will be watching them on TV (as I always do).

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
Greg sounds like many Cub fans did 4 or 5 years ago and guess what??? they all came back.

I endured the rebuild of the late 80s, and I was rewarded for it.

My health keeps me from attending games, but I will be watching them on TV (as I always do).

And I don't think it's reasonable for us to expect the White Sox to suddenly become the Cubs organization. They did a lot of things right and spent a lot of money, but wouldn't you rather be the Astros right now?

But yeah, greg is a contrarian and we're all aware his opinions never make any sense.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
There will be a lot of boos in the Cell this year. There are a lot more fans like me than those who love Sabes and rebuilds. Fans like me will be staying away in droves once the team opens 1-10 and loses at an unprecedented rate.

What is proper fan decorum this year? Cheer when the other team scores? And just observe our guys for potential trades? Or cheer for the Sox all the way til the late innings and then root for the other team to rally and win? Somebody needs to explain proper fan decorum this year considering losses are good.

NO ONE LIKES TO LOSE GREG. WE WANT TO GET ON WITH THE REBUILD SO WE CAN WIN SOONER. s***TY HALF ASS HAS-BEEN ROYALS VETERANS WILL NEVER PRODUCE WINNING. YOUR WAY LOSES EVERY YEAR.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
This is as happy I've been as a Sox fan for probably the last 4 seasons??

And before Greg comes in with his bulls***, no one is happy they are going to be bad. It's about using just a tad of intellect, understanding the path they were on was NOT working and they finally seem to have a plan with a long term objective in mind.

Let's not kid ourselves, aside from a fun April in 2016, we haven't seen a lot of quality baseball on the South Side in a while. This is going to be worse, but it's not like they are coming off a 95 win season. At least now they are trying to lose, and it's for a purpose.

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on any message board. :notworthy

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)
Yes. A report came out the other day saying the Sox have the cheapest tickets in baseball.

I think that wasn't across the board presale but on a ticket broker or secondary resale market?

This one shows the White Sox having the lowest average ticket price at $47, but the Cardinals and Royals are tied for fourth at $99 so it can't possibly be all tickets, just a snapshot of certain sections.

Interestingly, the Sox and Blue Jays are the ONLY MLB teams to see prices lower compared to 2011, by around 30% (and the Jays have actually been good the last half decade.)

The top 6 doubled or almost tripled...Cubs went from $60 to $119. The White Sox in 2011 were $9 higher than the Cubs at $69.

https://www.barrystickets.com/blog/mlb-ticket-prices/

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 10:38 PM)
Please stay away, your non-stop trolling is beyond tiresome...

I'm a Sox fan. Pardon me if I am confused how to handle the upcoming season and wondering how members of this board are approaching games. Whether they are rooting for implosions late in games so we lose exciting games? Or ?

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 10:40 PM)
No, they don't.

Why? I am curious about behavior in game threads. People on this board have made it clear they want losses. They are not saying what that really means in terms of actively rooting for L's or bad baseball or both?? Or just one?

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
But please, greg. I'll say it again. Stay away.

Why would a lifelong White Sox fan want to stay away?

QUOTE (ypres @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Greg is such a good troll.

You mean, "Greg is such a good fan."

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:32 PM)
And before Greg comes in with his bulls***, no one is happy they are going to be bad. It's about using just a tad of intellect, understanding the path they were on was NOT working and they finally seem to have a plan with a long term objective in mind. At least now they are trying to lose, and it's for a purpose.

Well, I'm glad you are not happy they are going to be bad at least.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 12:57 AM)

I hope so, but our team has already been bad during the Robin era and the end of the Ozzie era. Adding even worse seasons kind of bothers me.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 01:05 AM)
But yeah, greg is a contrarian and we're all aware his opinions never make any sense.

I want to win. I want the Sox to be great. That's all.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 01:13 AM)
NO ONE LIKES TO LOSE GREG. WE WANT TO GET ON WITH THE REBUILD SO WE CAN WIN SOONER. s***TY HALF ASS HAS-BEEN ROYALS VETERANS WILL NEVER PRODUCE WINNING. YOUR WAY LOSES EVERY YEAR.

I guess. Go Sox!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 10:40 PM)
I'm a Sox fan. Pardon me if I am confused how to handle the upcoming season and wondering how members of this board are approaching games. Whether they are rooting for implosions late in games so we lose exciting games? Or ?

Why? I am curious about behavior in game threads. People on this board have made it clear they want losses. They are not saying what that really means in terms of actively rooting for L's or bad baseball or both?? Or just one?

Why would a lifelong White Sox fan want to stay away?

You mean, "Greg is such a good fan."

Well, I'm glad you are not happy they are going to be bad at least.

I hope so, but our team has already been bad during the Robin era and the end of the Ozzie era. Adding even worse seasons kind of bothers me.

I want to win. I want the Sox to be great. That's all.

I guess. Go Sox!

I'm confident you're not tolling, so I'm just curious why, in general you're so proud of being uninformed. You don't seem to know much about any of the topics in which you comment, why is this such a point of pride for you? If you somehow dont feel this is true, just know that it is and you reinforce it constantly. It's incredible that a grown ass man could be so ignorant yet confident in his conviction.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 04:06 AM)
I'm confident you're not tolling, so I'm just curious why, in general you're so proud of being uninformed. You don't seem to know much about any of the topics in which you comment, why is this such a point of pride for you? If you somehow dont feel this is true, just know that it is and you reinforce it constantly. It's incredible that a grown ass man could be so ignorant yet confident in his conviction.

I assume you mean my disbelief in the rebuild. We traded Sale and Eaton. And we got Tilson for Duke. That's it so far. And so many Sox fans have bought into the idea of a rebuild. Why am I uninformed? My take that we have enough veterans and enough talent still on the roster (assuming Moncada and at least one of the starters we got via trade are called up in May) that we could have just as easily PAID FOR a catcher and DH in free agency and maybe acquired one more reliable reliever to actually contend this season.

Now I'm told it's good our team loses 100 or more games this season so we can get a damn draft pick. How much u wanna bet we take another starting pitcher in the draft and not some stud everyday player. You wait, our organization will fall in love with some arm somewhere.

There are 1-2 posters who are also skeptical. I forget the one guy's name. And El Rockin still hasn't made his position. He seems to think every team we field has a chance to win. So what is your problem with my position on all this? That I want to know how people are going to act in game threads and watching games? Yes I wanna know what kind of losses everybody wants?? DO you want our starters to implode from the get-go in games or to lead and blow games late?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:20 PM)
I assume you mean my disbelief in the rebuild. We traded Sale and Eaton. And we got Tilson for Duke. That's it so far. And so many Sox fans have bought into the idea of a rebuild. Why am I uninformed? My take that we have enough veterans and enough talent still on the roster (assuming Moncada and at least one of the starters we got via trade are called up in May) that we could have just as easily PAID FOR a catcher and DH in free agency and maybe acquired one more reliable reliever to actually contend this season.

Now I'm told it's good our team loses 100 or more games this season so we can get a damn draft pick. How much u wanna bet we take another starting pitcher in the draft and not some stud everyday player. You wait, our organization will fall in love with some arm somewhere.

There are 1-2 posters who are also skeptical. I forget the one guy's name. And El Rockin still hasn't made his position. He seems to think every team we field has a chance to win. So what is your problem with my position on all this? That I want to know how people are going to act in game threads and watching games? Yes I wanna know what kind of losses everybody wants?? DO you want our starters to implode from the get-go in games or to lead and blow games late?

You try to justify a decade of losing because you're losing sight of how the game has evolved. You literally know nothing about baseball ten years ago and yet the game has moved so far past you, everyone, even the skeptics, knows that whatever opinion they have, it's closer to reality than whatever nonsense you post.

You're not a troll. Trolls craft bad posts to push posters buttons. You just don't know better.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 05:25 AM)
You try to justify a decade of losing because you're losing sight of how the game has evolved. You literally know nothing about baseball ten years ago and yet the game has moved so far past you, everyone, even the skeptics, knows that whatever opinion they have, it's closer to reality than whatever nonsense you post.

You're not a troll. Trolls craft bad posts to push posters buttons. You just don't know better.

OK I know nothing about baseball.

You tell me that the team I'm about to describe isn't a contender AFTER our trades.

1B-Abreu (star). 2B - Saladino (Moncada in May, star). SS - Anderson (budding star). 3B - Frazier (good defense; great power just like Abreu). When Moncada comes up, Saladino super infield sub.

OF - Melky (serviceable); RF - Avi (still has a chance of excelling). CF - May (awful, maybe a free agent aquisition for outfield if our organization would fricking pay pay pay). DH - Coulda acquired one in offseason for $$. Catcher-Coulda signed a free agent to go with Narvaez for $$

Bullpen - Robertson closer (good). Setup guys - Hit or miss, coulda acquired one for $$ to add to the setup crew. Starters: Q, Rodon, Shields, Gonzalez, Holland. (Once one of the guys we got from the Nats is ready to fill in, not half bad).

So how dumb am I? I contend our team could have been a contender this season even with the trades. Without the trades, even more a contender with Sale and Eaton. But it would have required spending a little bit of fricking cash for an outfielder, a DH and a catcher. Excuse me for thinking a big city team might wanna spend some cash in free agency.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:20 PM)

You're a gifted blusterer, I wasn't speaking specifically of your disbelief in the rebuild but more your mindset in general. You don't seem to seek out knowledge at all, you dont seem to know the specifics of any subject yet you spout (spew?) your opinions confidently regardless. Why are you so proud of your own ignorance? I'm honestly asking. You know absolutely zero about Luis Alexander Basabe and couldn't express a cogent thought regarding the handling of Carlos Rodon yet you speak so passionately about this team and its future, you know absolutely nothing yet you have such strong and extreme, emphasis on extreme, conviction, how?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 05:39 AM)
You're a gifted blusterer, I wasn't speaking specifically of your disbelief in the rebuild but more your mindset in general. You don't seem to seek out knowledge at all, you dont seem to know the specifics of any subject yet you spout (spew?) your opinions confidently regardless. Why are you so proud of your own ignorance? I'm honestly asking. You know absolutely zero about Luis Alexander Basabe and couldn't express a cogent thought regarding the handling of Carlos Rodon yet you speak so passionately about this team and its future, you know absolutely nothing yet you have such strong and extreme, emphasis on extreme, conviction, how?

Did you read my previous post?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
Did you read my previous post?

Yes, it's bulls*** that anyone who even tangentially follows the team could type. It's the same as asking my 5 year old nephew for a run down of the roster, congrats. You've never once expressed an innovative idea, a single interesting thought, yet you're so extreme in your ideals, how is that possible? You dont know anything.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 05:51 AM)
Your approach to team building is that of someone playing checkers when the game is chess.

My approach involves free agent spending. I think I can expect my team to do that when they charge huge dollars for parking, food and drink. Fans gotta spend; why not the owners??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:56 PM)
My approach involves free agent spending. I think I can expect my team to do that when they charge huge dollars for parking, food and drink. Fans gotta spend; why not the owners??

Your approach is not sustainable and is the reason we have floundered for years. There is no magic trinkets that will put this team over the top. The fact that you look at the roster and think that we are only a few pieces from contending is laughable.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 11:56 PM)

It's always vague bulls***, no specifics. It's just easier that way.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)
Your approach is not sustainable and is the reason we have floundered for years. There is no magic trinkets that will put this team over the top. The fact that you look at the roster and think that we are only a few pieces from contending is laughable.

Did you not read my post with specific reasons we could have contended?? Nobody's responding to my plan, which would have had the Sox with a fighting chance to win.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 05:59 AM)
It's always vague bulls***, no specifics. It's just easier that way.

No specifics? I went through the entire roster with my contending team. You guys are being unfair IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 12:04 AM)
Did you not read my post with specific reasons we could have contended?? Nobody's responding to my plan, which would have had the Sox with a fighting chance to win.

Your plan is trash. We've seen that plan before. It's won us nothing in the past 10 years