Anthony Swarzak

Feeky Magee

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:59 AM)
I don't know about you guys, but Swarzak has been awfully impressive to me so far. He might actually be able to net the Sox a prospect at the deadline at this rate.

So far, so good, but 8 good innings is not much to go off of

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:52 AM)
I think the difference is that Albers wasn't striking anyone out, and his stuff was mediocre. That hasn't applied to Swarzak (or Kahnle) this year so far.

Totally surprised he made the Nats' roster. Pitched last night.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 06:52 AM)
I think the difference is that Albers wasn't striking anyone out, and his stuff was mediocre. That hasn't applied to Swarzak (or Kahnle) this year so far.

I dunno, I didn't think so...for the first few months of the season he had a nasty split finger or whatever the hell that s*** was...it would drop right off the table.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
I dunno, I didn't think so...for the first few months of the season he had a nasty split finger or whatever the hell that s*** was...it would drop right off the table.

It did look like it would work. But he only had a 17% k rate and a low .200 Babip in March/April last year. But he wasn't walking anyone, and he had only a .7 WHIP.

Then May came, suddenly all of that contact started finding holes. K% dropped to 14%, still didn't walk people, but BABIP jumped to .350 and it stayed around that level rest of year (though May was particularly hilarious line of .365/.396/.711 against him)

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 08:09 AM)
It did look like it would work. But he only had a 17% k rate and a low .200 Babip in March/April last year. But he wasn't walking anyone, and he had only a .7 WHIP.

Then May came, suddenly all of that contact started finding holes. K% dropped to 14%, still didn't walk people, but BABIP jumped to .350 and it stayed around that level rest of year (though May was particularly hilarious line of .365/.396/.711 against him)

It was that damn Texas game! Ruined the entire season!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 10:12 AM)
It was that damn Texas game! Ruined the entire season!

That game was like watching RBI baseball where all of our pitchers were fatigued and just throwing lobs down the middle and getting crushed. I bet Leury could have gotten outs more successfully.