**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2017 -> 09:05 AM)
Don't like Jinder as champion but willing to see where they go with it before crapping on it.

At least it shows they're willing to try something different -- I agree though...but at the same time, Orton has been a bland character/champion and this way opens the possibility of AJ coming for the title at SS.

How is it that Jinder Mahal who was mainly a jobber until 2 months ago given the belt without getting his character over or being a great in ring performer, and someone like DB and Punk busted their ass off for years until given opportunity. This doesn't seem like a Vince idea at all.

I like the land of opportunity philosophy, but I'd like to see more out of his character before putting the belt on him. This to me devalues the WWE belt.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ May 22, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
How is it that Jinder Mahal who was mainly a jobber until 2 months ago given the belt without getting his character over or being a great in ring performer, and someone like DB and Punk busted their ass off for years until given opportunity. This doesn't seem like a Vince idea at all.

I like the land of opportunity philosophy, but I'd like to see more out of his character before putting the belt on him. This to me devalues the WWE belt.

Definitely feels like it would be better if he was Universal champ.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Definitely feels like it would be better if he was Universal champ.

The namesake for that title would draw more heat for Jinder, but Universal title in general would be considered the more prestigious title.

It's crazy how he's been with WWE for 5 years, and the first title he ever held is the WWE title.

Meltzer thinks the push for Mahal is entirely business related. WWE is trying to ripe more $$$ out of their Indian social media following, i.e. pushing more merch and network subscriptions out of that demographic, meaning we may see Jinder in the main event picture for a while.

I have a problem guys...I can't stop watching the Breezango match. Also, as I told Brian, I like the idea of Jinder and the idea that someone can come out of no where to get the title but I just wish he was better. He just doesn't entertain me at all.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 22, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
I had a great time at Backlash last night...show was way better than I was expecting...the tag match was hilarious and fun as hell...the only match that really fell flat live was the women's match. It's become very apparent how much Bliss anchored the SD women's division, and without her around -- coupled with forcing Charlotte as a babyface -- they just have nothing going.

The Ultimate Naomi is an absolute disaster as champion...they can't get that belt on Charlotte soon enough.

I don't disagree with anything you said here. I went to get beer during the Women's match and it was just over abruptly. I actually hope they turn Becky cause I think she has the chops to be a really good heel and with Alexa gone she's the best talker on the Smackdown's women side now. I think we all agree that Charlotte is a much better heel but I'm also willing to give her a chance as a face this time cause she was just a bad character worker in general when she first came up. She might be able to pull it off now, as long as she doesn't go full like Becky or Bayley baby face.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 22, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't disagree with anything you said here. I went to get beer during the Women's match and it was just over abruptly. I actually hope they turn Becky cause I think she has the chops to be a really good heel and with Alexa gone she's the best talker on the Smackdown's women side now. I think we all agree that Charlotte is a much better heel but I'm also willing to give her a chance as a face this time cause she was just a bad character worker in general when she first came up. She might be able to pull it off now, as long as she doesn't go full like Becky or Bayley baby face.

You don't think Charlotte is a better talker than Becky? A lot of people credit Charlotte as the best talker in the division, but I have to disagree, I think that's Bliss by far...but I'd say Charlotte/Becky are second when they actually have something to say that has any meaning. Sasha does not work as a babyface AT ALL, IMO.

I should say, it's become Bliss by far (in terms of character/talking)...coming out of NXT, the 4 Horsewomen I liken to like first round draft picks in the NFL, some of which became something, but most people had them pegged as being even better than that...and Bliss was like Tom Brady, drafted in the 70th round and came out of nowhere to take over the entire division in under a year. I have to imagine Bliss is just easy as hell to write for...she's literally Regina George as a heel in wrestling.

My plans for Sasha Banks:

Here is what I think should be done.

First, note that the WWE women's divisions need to create talent always. It's an unfortunate circumstance that the women usually only get 1 match per night on SD or Raw or PPV. Sometimes 2 on Raw/PPV if fortunate. This match is usually dominated by the Women's title.

Unfortunately, Only a few women can be around the title at any given time, otherwise chaos breaks out.

With Sasha, she has been the champion and around the title for the greater part of the year in 2016. She is now relaxing in a mid feud fight with Alicia to get Alicia some screen time. This is a good thing for both girls. Sasha cannot be in the main light ALL the time. It's bad for the division.

So what I would do is have her feud with Alicia while Bayley feuds with Bliss. Once Bayley ultimately does not defeat Bliss for the Title, have Banks become the #1 contender and fight her throughout summerslam time. Bliss as a heel and Banks as a face would be a great rivalry. Out of this Rivalry, perhaps after or before Survivor series, have Banks come away as the winner and the champion. Now, have Bayley face her and get the better of her in perhaps some lucky ways, maybe after survivor series and ultimately having the rematch at Royal Rumble where Bayley beats Banks for the second time thus holding the title.

Now, at the Royal Rumble or after the Royal Rumble have Banks turn on Bayley in a drastic way. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done, but effectively it would make Banks the Heel we've wanted. Obviously, this sets up an incredibly emotional and historic 1on1 between the two at Wrestlemania if done right. For additional thought, you could have Banks cost Bayley the title at the February PPV (heel turn) to Bliss or someone and thus have the Wrestlemania match be non-title so they could have their traditional 3 or 4-way divas fight for the title at WM with Bliss, Nia, Mickie, Alicia etc. Maybe Asuka whatever.

Whoever wrote that Alexa Bliss segment last night should be fired. Furthermore, whoever read it and cleared that should go with them. I mean, wow that was bad. Way to write your hottest female feud into the ground.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 30, 2017 -> 06:35 AM)
Whoever wrote that Alexa Bliss segment last night should be fired. Furthermore, whoever read it and cleared that should go with them. I mean, wow that was bad. Way to write your hottest female feud into the ground.

Yep, very cringe-worthy

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Omega vs Okada might be the best match ever and in not sure if I'm just being an IWC smark or not. Seriously. If you have an hour to kill, watch it.

WWE needs Omega.

Going to try and find it on YouTube later but is it really an hour long? No spoilers

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Omega vs Okada might be the best match ever and in not sure if I'm just being an IWC smark or not. Seriously. If you have an hour to kill, watch it.

WWE needs Omega.

Haven't watched it yet but I saw plenty of people say it was better than their first. I LOVED the first but still thought it was overrated as I didn't think it was the best match of all time(not the best match I saw this year).

And yes, it's an hour long, Brian.

I did watch Bucks vs Barretta/Romero and I'm sorry, but the Bucks are so damn annoying to watch. Im not talking characters either. They have fun moves but I just can't take them seriously.

Go ahead and let me have it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
I did watch Bucks vs Barretta/Romero and I'm sorry, but the Bucks are so damn annoying to watch. Im not talking characters either. They have fun moves but I just can't take them seriously.

Go ahead and let me have it.

There's plenty of people in your camp. Personally, they're my favorite thing going in pro wrestling.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 02:48 AM)
I started late, so i'm through 2 matches. Women's MITB was disappointing because of Ellsworth, and the tag match was sloppy and ended on a count out. Come on. Awful WWE, just awful

The tease of Ellsworth holding the Briefcase was the most interesting thing involving the women's division in years