Petricka & Rodon and 12 Man Pitching Staff

QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 03:41 AM)
Who gets bumped when Petricka and Rodon are brought back onto the 12 man pitching staff? In addition, if the White Sox feel that Beck and Burdi are ready for the bullpen in May, who would be bumped?

Release Petricka, Kahnle is better.

QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:41 PM)
Who gets bumped when Petricka and Rodon are brought back onto the 12 man pitching staff? In addition, if the White Sox feel that Beck and Burdi are ready for the bullpen in May, who would be bumped?

Petricka

Every guy in the pen is pitching better than he is and could be better pitchers with experience.

Ventura liked him.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 01:49 AM)
Covey goes down when Rodon comes back. Petricka to Charlotte for rehab? As for Burdi and Beck, they can stay in Charlotte since there is no rush to bring them up.

Covey would have to clear waivers and be rejected by the A's before he goes back to the minors since he's a rule 5 guy.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 02:49 AM)
Covey goes down when Rodon comes back. Petricka to Charlotte for rehab? As for Burdi and Beck, they can stay in Charlotte since there is no rush to bring them up.

Agree on Burdi and Beck. If the Sox intend to trade Jones and Robertson, then Beck and Burdi will stay in Charlotte till they are traded unless one goes down to injury.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 11:49 PM)

My personal opinion is that Covey is a big leaguer and a more valuable piece then holland. I would be disappointing if they gave up on Covey. He has a nice arm and potential upside.

QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:41 PM)

Kahnle is #1. I think Covey is the one to lose his rotation slot, but I am not quite sure who loses their spot. Just a wild guess is that the Sox could choose to send out Jacob May and keep an extra pitcher.