White Sox have "set" Luis Robert market

Sleepy Harold

Cespedes is all about raw power and showcasing his arm in the field.

Robert is a taller and leaner version of Sammy Sosa (the Panther, back then) when he debuted with the Sox. He actually looks more like a typical Cuban national team basketball or volleyball player.

Eric Davis, minus the switch hitting, is who came to mind. Devon White would be another.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Heyman's AL Notes for the White Sox:

Cuban outfielder Luis Robert, who’s reportedly a target of the White Sox and a half-dozen other teams, is said by someone who follows the international game to have an offer of about $25M “in hand,” though others suggest it isn’t quite offer time yet. In any case, he’s going to get quite a haul. Robert is a special talent. One Latin American baseball expert said Robert is 6-foot-4, runs a 6.2 60, his arm is a cannon and hits balls outta of the field.” “He’s got elite tools,’ says another. “He’s a 30-30 center fielder … franchise changer,” says yet another. He’s been compared to Yoan Moncada and Yasiel Puig, and another said he’s “Soler with speed.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...inues-surprise/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 04:47 PM)
With a $25 million offer, how high should the White Sox be willing to go?

That sounds so much like agentspeak, especially with the "though its not quite offer time", some skepticism should be in order.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...buff-extension/

"The ChiSox are among eight teams seen as favorites for Cuban outfielder Luis Robert with other teams thought to be in the mix including the A’s, Braves, Padres, Reds, Nationals, Astros and Cardinals, as Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com reported. Those teams have all seen him in private workouts now. Robert will have a deal by June 15 but hasn’t yet begun taking bids. He has big power, a big arm and great speed."

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ May 7, 2017 -> 06:05 PM)
https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...buff-extension/

"The ChiSox are among eight teams seen as favorites for Cuban outfielder Luis Robert with other teams thought to be in the mix including the A’s, Braves, Padres, Reds, Nationals, Astros and Cardinals, as Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com reported. Those teams have all seen him in private workouts now. Robert will have a deal by June 15 but hasn’t yet begun taking bids. He has big power, a big arm and great speed."

Did the Sox actually give him a private workout? I recall a couple weeks back, some of the writers (Hayes/Merk) had said that the Sox were going to have a private workout with him. But I never saw anything about that actually happening.

Did I just miss that?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
Did the Sox actually give him a private workout? I recall a couple weeks back, some of the writers (Hayes/Merk) had said that the Sox were going to have a private workout with him. But I never saw anything about that actually happening?

Did I just miss that?

Last i heard Kenny and hahn were supposed to go see him workout in the Dominican. Haven't heard anything since then