Abreu Has No Business Playing First Base Game Thread 5/11/17

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Benetti and Stone said the rule was changed this year and now you can be charged with an error on a potential double play.

You learn something new everyday. Always nice to see baseball willing to change

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2017 -> 01:40 AM)
Burdi's gonna be cool. I like Lopez, I'm intrigued by delmonico but expectations are very tempered, Fulmer's a wild card but I'll definitely tune in.

I think you listed them in order of future value: meh+, solid, good, awesome.

You know you want to see Holmberg and Snoddgress in the same pen

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
You know you want to see Holmberg and Snoddgress in the same pen

Heh, Holmberg I think will jump around the majors for awhile, Snodgress I'm not sure will ever see the big leagues again. Still perplexed by Luebke's retirement.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2017 -> 12:33 AM)
He looks awful at the plate this year. No one to blame but himself when he loses playing time next month

It's so sad. What happened to him? He looked like he could hit .300 in his sleep. Now he's miserable stiff. Amazing.

Benetti has this thing about Stoney's birthday. He's asked him about it two games in a row now. I love Benetti but you can tell he's a snowflake generation guy bringing up birthday's all the time. Look, men Stoney's age don't care about their birthdays anymore.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2017 -> 02:12 AM)
He's clearly pressing.

That surprises me. He has it made. Finally gets to play everyday and there should be no pressure playing for a non contender in a great city of Chicago. Yet there's no pressure with the small crowds. Very confusing. He should be raking.

Glad to see Davidson and Anderson get hits. Davidson must be in a bit of a slump if he's down to .250. I haven't paid close attention since he had an Avi-like batting average.

Gorgeous home run; beautiful bloop by TA. Surprised Anderson couldn't get a double out of that.

Edited by greg775