2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (Quin @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 12:57 PM)
Bulls should be able to target a wing and a big now.

If they get Ayton/Bagley/Bamba/Jackson, I'd love Vanderbilt or Knox if he falls.

If they get Porter/Doncic/Trae, give me Yurtseven or McCoy, unless a good BPA falls.

This Bulls thing suddenly got very exciting.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 12:59 PM)
I wonder if the second Niko trade was Paxson's doing because Forman couldn't get it done the first time...

Niko balked at the deal (he has a no trade) because it didn't guarantee him the 2nd year and he would have lost his Bird rights.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 01:18 PM)
At least 2nds in the NBA arent that valuable. If the Bulls want they can easily pick one up from another team for garbage.

Once in a while they work out, especially if it is some guy stashed in Europe for a few years, like Niko. But generally, I agree, blah. And if there is someone they really like, they are easy to acquire on draft night. The problem with this trade is it helps NO get better not just with Niko but Monroe too. Looking at the West, it looks like they are just about a lock at a low playoff seed, even without Boogie. It's probably 50/50 at best the draft pick turns out to be a better player than Niko, but it helps the tank which really is probably the biggest asset the Bulls acquire.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 01:24 PM)
Once in a while they work out, especially if it is some guy stashed in Europe for a few years, like Niko. But generally, I agree, blah. The problem with this trade is it helps NO get better not just with Niko but Monroe too. Looking at the West, it looks like they are just about a lock at a low playoff seed, even without Boogie. It's probably 50/50 at best the draft pick turns out to be a better player than Niko, but it helps the tank which really is probably the biggest asset the Bulls acquire.

Think part of the reason NO made the trade is that it seems really inconceivable that they miss the playoffs.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 02:37 PM)
RoLo, Pelicans first and some Cavs salary?

Wouldn't get the Nets pick, but I could see RoLo, Holiday, Jimmy TPE for Shump, Calderon and the Cavs 1st and future second.

Then send Nelson to Wizards for a second this year.

QUOTE (Quin @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 01:46 PM)
Wouldn't get the Nets pick, but I could see RoLo, Holiday, Jimmy TPE for Shump, Calderon and the Cavs 1st and future second.

Then send Nelson to Wizards for a second this year.

This is more realistic but I don't think Bulls are interested in getting rid of holiday.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 01:47 PM)
This is more realistic but I don't think Bulls are interested in getting rid of holiday.

I could see them moving him. I think current Dunn is minimum retain-able talent for this rebuild. Anyone serviceable but worse i potentially on the market to anyone interested.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 02:47 PM)

I think they would if they get a first and out of RoLo's deal.

Grant would be the only other player on the market

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:42 AM)
They could get Robin Lopez for next to nothing.

Bulls will not deal Lopez unless they get an asset for him. He's too strong of a presence and quality veteran to have the young players for the rebuild. If they get something worthwhile...sure...otherwise it isn't happening. I heard Woj on about a week ago and he had mentioned something to that effect.