July 8th Game Thread: White Sox @ Colorado Rockies

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the deadline...well, unless you are also one of the Sale trade was "one player short" or "bad because it didn't include Devers instead of Diaz"

Nope, was very pleased with pretty much all of the off season moves except the handling of the Q situation. And for the record I'm not even upset that he wasn't traded. It has a lot more to do with the fact that they said they were trying to move him and didn't. The talk to the media the entire time should have been "Q is a great young talent under control that we will continue to build around." If a deal came a long great, if not oh well. I've said it before and people here have disagreed, but I believe 100% that there's a correlation to the trade talk and Q's performance so far this season.

I might be Willy's biggest fan on this site. Has power (although that hasn't translated), decent speed, by far our best defensive RF and has been taking his walks. He might not amount to much, but I wanna see what he can do with more PT. His defense alone is probably gonna put his WAR up there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:30 PM)
I might be Willy's biggest fan on this site. Has power (although that hasn't translated), decent speed, by far our best defensive RF and has been taking his walks. He might not amount to much, but I wanna see what he can do with more PT. His defense alone is probably gonna put his WAR up there.

I'm with you, I'm a huge Willy fan. I think he deserves more playing time once we trade Frazier & Melky. The only problem is we'll actually have a positional logjam. Once Moncada claims 2B, we'll have Leury, Engel, Willy, Delmonico, Davidson, & Sanchez to cover CF, LF, 3B, & DH. I worried that Willy may be the odd man out.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
I'm with you, I'm a huge Willy fan. I think he deserves more playing time once we trade Frazier & Melky. The only problem is we'll actually have a positional logjam. Once Moncada claims 2B, we'll have Leury, Engel, Willy, Delmonico, Davidson, & Sanchez to cover CF, LF, 3B, & DH. I worried that Willy may be the odd man out.

I'm in the trade Avi camp since his value is incredibly high compared to last season. But if this season isn't a fluke, then it's a good problem to have.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
He did.

And Engel is a stud defensively.

Yeah, I'd really like to give Leury & Engel everyday at-bats, although both guys obviously need to be CFs for their bats to play up. But in a rebuilding season, it probably doesn't matter.