7/31 Games

flavum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)
Should the Sox just go ahead and promote all the Kanny hitters? Good grief, that offense. :lol:

Gonna be interesting to watch them in the playoffs. Unfortunately, W-S is looking less and less likely to clinch a second half berth.

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)
Michael Kopech's last 4 starts including tonight:

27 IP

33 K (11.00 K/9)

15 H

4 BB (1.33 BB/9)

0.70 WHIP

1.33 ERA

That'll do. He's also at 105 1/3 IP. Previous season high was 65 IP.

Glad you pointed this out. Curious to see what the Sox do with him. Maybe two or three more starts to reach roughly 120 and shut him down? Normally I would say let pitch regardless but with the Sox rebuilding and Kopech being so young, there's no point in pushing him.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)
Gonna be interesting to watch them in the playoffs. Unfortunately, W-S is looking less and less likely to clinch a second half berth.

Yeah, Kanny will probably have to thump their way through the playoffs. Man, could they use Hansen and Dunning back in their rotation.

WS has not had much help from the offense, that's for sure. Seby has been a breath of fresh air for them but I was hoping for more from Collins and Basabe.

Kanny has the hitters and WS has the pitchers.

I would think Kopech has one, at max, two starts left. 50-60 inning increase is a lot to handle for a 21 year old arm. Only reason I would give him 2 more starts and not 1 is he seems to be clicking recently, perhaps due to some minor adjustments, and you would want him to get more reps in with those adjustments.

Glad you pointed this out. Curious to see what the Sox do with him. Maybe two or three more starts to reach roughly 120 and shut him down? Normally I would say let pitch regardless but with the Sox rebuilding and Kopech being so young, there's no point in pushing him.

Give him the starts, shut him down, start him next year at Charlotte with eyes on a August 1st callup if he's doing well at AAA.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:37 PM)
Give him the starts, shut him down, start him next year at Charlotte with eyes on a August 1st callup if he's doing well at AAA.

Works for me.

Who do you think goes to WS if/when Jimenez goes to Birmingham? I'm leaning towards Adolfo.

Works for me.

Who do you think goes to WS if/when Jimenez goes to Birmingham? I'm leaning towards Adolfo.

Honestly, an org guy. Adolfo has rebuilt his prospect status, now's not the time to overpromote him. I would let him start really excelling against his current competition before moving him up.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
Works for me.

I would hope Call. He started the season at Winston-Salem and that's where he should finish. Plus Adolfo's K rate is still above 30% and I don't think promoting him will help in that area.

What's really going to be interesting is how they address the OF logjam next year. Call, Fisher, Basabe, Rutherford, Adolfo, & arguably Robert & Gonzalez should all start next year in high A. They'll probably ease Robert into full-season ball by sending him to Kannapolis, but that still leaves six potential OFs for W-S and that doesn't even include interesting but fringier guys in Booker & Schnurbusch. They'll probably have to push Fisher and either Call (more likely) or Basabe (less likely) to AA to create enough playing time for everyone. Good problem to have I guess.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:02 PM)
Honestly, an org guy. Adolfo has rebuilt his prospect status, now's not the time to overpromote him. I would let him start really excelling against his current competition before moving him up.

Completely agree. Let the kid gain some more ABs the rest of the year for Kanny and in the playoffs then let the chips fall where they may next season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:08 PM)
I would hope Call. He started the season at Winston-Salem and that's where he should finish. Plus Adolfo's K rate is still above 30% and I don't think promoting him will help in that area.

What's really going to be interesting is how they address the OF logjam next year. Call, Fisher, Basabe, Rutherford, Adolfo, & arguably Robert & Gonzalez should all start next year in high A. They'll probably ease Robert into full-season ball by sending him to Kannapolis, but that still leaves six potential OFs for W-S and that doesn't even include interesting but fringier guys in Booker & Schnurbusch. They'll probably have to push Fisher and either Call (more likely) or Basabe (less likely) to AA to create enough playing time for everyone. Good problem to have I guess.

I agree and Call has been hitting better.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:08 PM)

Birmingham will need help.

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)
Michael Kopech's last 4 starts including tonight:

27 IP

33 K (11.00 K/9)

15 H

4 BB (1.33 BB/9)

0.70 WHIP

1.33 ERA

That'll do. He's also at 105 1/3 IP. Previous season high was 65 IP.

Kopech could shortly find himself the top prospect in all of baseball

Dunning is killing it

Lopez is a beast, and ML ready

Giolito has shown flashes

Cease hits triple digits and his curve has been compared to Doc Gooden's

Guerrero and Stephens (among others) have been solid

And Hansen's stats have arguably been better than anyone else's

I'm thinking our pitching is going to be tough to beat before too long

Kanny

LF Gonzalez

CF Robert

RF Adolfo

W-S

LF Fisher / Basabe

CF Call / Basabe

RF Rutherford

Edited by Alexeihyeess