7/31 Games

flavum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramon Beltre finally got promoted from DSL to state side after 4 years in that league. Takes a lot of preseverance to repeat the same league so many times when many other prospects breeze through the system. Probably never amass to anything special, but rooting for the guy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)
Adolfo will definitely be in WS. I think Rutherford will be in CF for WS.

Yup. Not a doubt in my mind either. They might take it slow with Rutherford, but Adolfo is close to automatic next season.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:15 PM)
Yup. Not a doubt in my mind either. They might take it slow with Rutherford, but Adolfo is close to automatic next season.

Rutherford is supposed to be a top prospect, he belongs in Winston Salem next season.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:19 PM)
Rutherford is supposed to be a top prospect, he belongs in Winston Salem next season.

He's not exactly crushing low A pitching and he's only 20. Not every top prospect breezes through the farm. I actually agree he'll probably be in high A, but with the sox philosophy of not rushing guys anymore, I can also see him staying in low A next year for a couple of months.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
I would think Kopech has one, at max, two starts left. 50-60 inning increase is a lot to handle for a 21 year old arm. Only reason I would give him 2 more starts and not 1 is he seems to be clicking recently, perhaps due to some minor adjustments, and you would want him to get more reps in with those adjustments.

I have a theory . Might not be a good one . I mean making some kind of adjustment is certainly more plausible . He always seems like a max effort type of guy . More of a thrower than a pitcher. Now with perhaps his arm not as strong he's becoming more of a pitcher knowing that he just can't throw it by guys.

It would be interesting to look at his fastball stats from earlier in the year to now. Is he throwing as many ? Is it just as fast now as earlier in the season ? If he is throwing less fastballs what is taking it's place ? More change ups or another pitch?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 12:14 AM)
I have a theory . Might not be a good one . I mean making some kind of adjustment is certainly more plausible . He always seems like a max effort type of guy . More of a thrower than a pitcher. Now with perhaps his arm not as strong he's becoming more of a pitcher knowing that he just can't throw it by guys.

It would be interesting to look at his fastball stats from earlier in the year to now. Is he throwing as many ? Is it just as fast now as earlier in the season ? If he is throwing less fastballs what is taking it's place ? More change ups or another pitch?

One night I'll do some research with Kopech, Syndergaard and Verlander. All guys who seem to be max effort throwers early on (JV in particular since I've seen a ton of him). That's who I think of when I watch and compare Kopech to other starters.

I gotta say Matt Foster has put up video game numbers in his early career so far.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 07:08 AM)
I also don't think they're moving Rutherford away from CF until they absolutely have to.

Got some sleep this time Row? :P

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:40 PM)
Just off the top of my head but I only follow casually due to school so I box score for the most part

Kopech, Stephens and Adams AAA

Jimenez, Collins and Dunning AA

Burger, Adolfo, Rutherford A-WS

Robert A-Kanny

Hansen will be in AA and I wouldnt be surprised to see Burger move up there as well if he starts out hot again next year. I think Robert starts in Kanny, but will be in WS before too long.

Edited by Dunt