Rating Coop

ron883

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 11:48 PM)
I suppose he's a good coach - everyone says he is.

Aside from Q and Sale he hasn't had much material to work with.

Still, I would be fine with some fresh blood. Of course, I would be fine with fresh blood in a lot of places, including the Front Office.

Esteban Loaiza. Nuff said.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 11:48 PM)
I suppose he's a good coach - everyone says he is.

Aside from Q and Sale he hasn't had much material to work with.

Still, I would be fine with some fresh blood. Of course, I would be fine with fresh blood in a lot of places, including the Front Office.

What?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 04:46 PM)
My point goes back to my first post, the undying love for Don Cooper is the exact opposite from any other White Sox non player. I have stated numerous times in this thread, I think he is fine. But it's like no pitcher would ever have success if Coop wasn't the pitching coach. I give the players more credit for being successful. If it all was about Coop wisdom, and not talent and execution, Coop would have had a better pitching career himself. I don't think if he quit at the end of the season the team ERA would be a run lower next year because of it. I also don't think it would be a run higher.

I agree it's not black and white where they wouldn't do anything without him. But I also think you are vastly underrating him as "fine." He is one of the better coaches in the league. That rates far above fine.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)

That's what I recall as well. I perceived the plan as it was for the rest of the season to continue to build him towards being able to handle the full time load as a starter. He never really went through the innings building phase in the minors as he pretty much came straight to the MLB.