Saturday night beisbol for Sox fans: Sox at Tribe 6:10 PM CDT

elrockinMT

I think Carson has pitched well enough in September and has probably opened some eyes to be a realistic candidate for vying for a rotation spot next spring, especially with Rodon's surgery. Seems like he is becoming another successful Don Cooper project.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 02:07 AM)
Shaping up to be a horrible, horrible win

No offense to you guys but to me it was fantastic win. a.) I hate the Tribe. b.) Fulmer continues to look like he didn't give a flip about the minors and is doing VERY WELL in the bigs.

Wasn't home to watch the game but would not have guessed Fulmer would limit the Indians to 1R over five innings. Fulmer has earned a spot in the 2018 rotation. Seems like he took it to heart when the Sox said they were going to move him to the pen because he's been good in his starts since Rodon went down and Fulmer moved into the rotation.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 30, 2017 -> 10:01 PM)
Dont know what to make of Fulmer. Probably will have a major league role in the long term but the wildly inconsistent performance is a little unsettling

Let's all cement this into our heads for the next 8 months as a site-wide mantra....

5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old...

5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old...

edit: I don't think anyone is sold on Carson... and myself, I was conceding him to the bullpen already just a few weeks ago in August. So... the mantra applies to this dude as well. :lolhitting

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 04:34 AM)
Let's all cement this into our heads for the next 8 months as a site-wide mantra....

5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old... 5 games started... 35 total innings pitched... 24 years old...

edit: I don't think anyone is sold on Carson... and myself, I was conceding him to the bullpen already just a few weeks ago in August. So... the mantra applies to this dude as well. :lolhitting

I hear ya but he's pitched well enough to throw him into the fire next season and see what happens. Personally, I have no expectations, just gonna wait and see what he does with the opportunity.

What are you pumping the brakes on? Nobody is proclaiming him the next Greg Maddux. Just that he probably should start next season in the starting rotation at the big league. Why not? isn't that what next year is going to be about?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 03:34 AM)

To what should we attribute his suddenly acquired effectiveness? I would have said the cutter, which is a new pitch for him, and one that he learned from Coop.

However, he had it in Spring Training, and it didn't seem to help him that much at Charlotte.