Go Cubs

LostInBoston

I'm probably going to get reamed for this, but I think that as Sox fans and as the incessantly inherent underdogs we are, we should root for the Cubs. Heck, they haven't gone all the way longer than us, but they looked pretty good tonight and c'mon - don't you hate Larry Jones and Bobby Cocks more than anyone on the Cubs staff? I will say however, that its annoying seeing Kerry's wife on the TV all the time - but, at least its better than seeing Kurt Warner's ugly wife all over the screen...

:lol:

I'm probably going to get reamed for this, but I think that as Sox fans and as the incessantly inherent underdogs we are, we should root for the Cubs. Heck, they haven't gone all the way longer than us, but they looked pretty good tonight and c'mon - don't you hate Larry Jones and Bobby Cocks more than anyone on the Cubs staff? I will say however, that its annoying seeing Kerry's wife on the TV all the time - but, at least its better than seeing Kurt Warner's ugly wife all over the screen...

Someone ban him

Someone ban him

I agree

f*** the Cubs....I hate those pieces of s*** worse then the Twins. For all I care, the Twins can win the World Series 25 straight times....as long as the Cubs don't win it

I don't like the Cubs or Twins, but I respect the Twins.

The Cubs have not done enough for me to earn any respect. They laugh off cheating, scalp their tickets, and continue to market their product based on entertainment value and not quality. The 2003 Cubs might change this since it seems they have finally tried to put a winning team on the field. I still don't think they deserve my respect since they do not really respect my team either.

The Cubs have not done enough for me to earn any respect.  They laugh off cheating, scalp their tickets, and continue to market their product based on entertainment value and not quality.  The 2003 Cubs might change this since it seems they have finally tried to put a winning team on the field.  I still don't think they deserve my respect since they do not really respect my team either.

well i've always tried to practice "Chicago First" Im a diehard soxfan, and I love them waaaaaaay more than the cubs, but if the cubs went... 156-6 and those six loses came against the sox... I would be happy.

The Cubs have not done enough for me to earn any respect.  They laugh off cheating, scalp their tickets, and continue to market their product based on entertainment value and not quality.  The 2003 Cubs might change this since it seems they have finally tried to put a winning team on the field.  I still don't think they deserve my respect since they do not really respect my team either.

well i've always tried to practice "Chicago First" Im a diehard soxfan, and I love them waaaaaaay more than the cubs, but if the cubs went... 156-6 and those six loses came against the sox... I would be happy.

I'd be happy too...

...so long as Houston/St. Louis/Cincinatti/Pittsburgh/Milwaukee went 157-5 and two teams from one division went 157-5 as well.

I have to agree with LostinBoston here I'm cheering for the Cubs.  I'd like to see that Chicago baseball really isn't cursed.

Plus the Braves have no players I like, except Trey Hodges.

I know BMR had some post dedicated to this topic earlier this week. Its just different for Sox fans living in (or around) Chicago because you just grow up to either take allegiance to Sox or Cubs. Living in Boston or Canada is not as if your presented with that choice.

To add to this inner city rivalry is how one team never seemed to be better then the other for a consistent period. Look at the amount of time between post season appearances for Sox/Cubs. Its never a lock that either one of them will make it to the postseason; even when the moment arrives it always ends in heartbreak. This is so much different from the situation in New York: Yankees are good, Mets suck. Its been like that for years over there(besides 2000).

Now which bring me to our situation today. To see both of our teams go far into the season with a chance for postseason play and have the Cubs prevail is heartbreaking. I love Chicago first and foremost, but I will not root for the Cubs just because it has "Chicago" in front of it.

If the cubs make it to the WS it will draw attention away from the casual baseball fans in this city that root for the Sox. Sox need the Cubs to fail just as much as we do. The hardcore fans might be the only ones left if the flubs make it all the way to the big show.

There's only one way to handle the Cub fans if the Cubs win it all.  Just congratulate them.  That'll leave them speechless.

Not the asshole cub fans I know. I was minding my own business Sunday, wearing a Sox hat and sweatshirt. Guy looks over and says "The Sox are a joke!" I don't talk to cub fans, so I ignored him. You can always tell a Cub fan, but you can't tell him much.

I'd be happy too...

...so long as Houston/St. Louis/Cincinatti/Pittsburgh/Milwaukee went 157-5 and two teams from one division went 157-5 as well.

lol!

You, sir or madam, are out of your mind.

I have found the most effective response to be indifference.

Just saying "I suppose" when they try to brag throws my Cubbie friends into utter confusion.

I tell them that the next game I care about happens on March 4th, and I might as well be watching the WNBA until then - that's how much I care about the playoffs.

It's easy for me to say, because it's true...since the Sox are done, I won't watch. Don't have any interest in it. If it's on at the bar or Best Buy or someplace when I'm out, I'll take a look, but I have ZERO interest in who wins or loses.

I kinda like Boston and Oakland, but not enough to follow them, and the only NL team I like even a little is Florida.

Watching the sCrUBS and Braves is like watching your two worst enemies fight - you don't really care who wins as long as BOTH have to go to the hospital.

Twinkies and Spankees fall into the same category....

I would have a hard time swallowing the Twins winning the World Series. But, I do not think Sox fans would hear anything about it. The Twins would be celebrating, and their fans would be too. If the Cubs win the WS, I would be either called or IMed by a ton of people to rub it in my face. They are not even Cubs fan, one of them didn't know who Ron Santo is, yet she said she's a lifelong Cubs fan.

I say let this guy post all he wants. But, if he is going to post this, he can't run and hide when we respond. He should stand there and defend his position. Anyone can post a message like this, and then run. He knew what would happen if he posted that.

People from Chicago do have to choose which team they are followers of. Someone mentioned this earlier. When I was in high school, the Sox would be constantly bashed, and I would defend them, often times all by myself. I love the White Sox.

Heres a list of reasons I wont root for the Cubs:

-They have Sammy Sosa

-I like Andruw Jones

-Cubs cant win before Sox (if Sox win it all in 2004, then the Cubs can do whatever the f*** they want)

-My brother is a Cubs, the crap Id put up with if they won is unacceptable

-If there was a Bible for Sox fans, hating the Cubs would be the 1st Commandment (maybe we should write that)

Ill think of more...

Someone ban him

I agree

f*** the Cubs....I hate those pieces of s*** worse then the Twins. For all I care, the Twins can win the World Series 25 straight times....as long as the Cubs don't win it

So basically what your saying is you whould rather see the Cubs lose, than the Sox win? By saying the Twins could win 25 times in a row basically means you dont care what the Sox do, just so the Cubs lose. Isnt that sad??

Ever heard of the Wild Card?

If the Twins won the World Series 25 straight times, does it mean we couldn't get beaten by them in the ALCS 25 straight times? We could win 25 straight division titles and not win a single World Series, yet the Twins could win no division titles and win 25 straight World Series.

Maybe you didn't understand well enough. What I was basically saying was that I'd rather see the Twins win it all then the Cubs. The Twins I can handle....yeah, they're a bunch of b****-asses, but once it's won, it's harder to get up for it again....advantage us. The Cubs...no. It would be the end of baseball on the Southside of Chicago as we know it, unless you count a AAA team(which probably would happen). The Cubs already draw the vast majority of the fairweather fans and they also draw non-fans as well because of the nostalgic feel it has(which I feel is a bunch of s***....just because it's 10,000 years old doesn't make it better....in fact, it probably makes it worse), and if they won the World Series, they'd probably get the fairweather White Sox fans as well. We'd be getting diehards and a very few fairweather fans. We would end up with a finished product on the field that is worse then the DRays in the end.

You see why I would rather have the Twins win then the Cubs? I atleast want to keep baseball on the Southside at a somewhat major league level, and not play Raysball.

I just want the Sox to win it atleast once. Like I said, once the Sox win it, the Cubs can do whatever they damn well please. But Ill still want the Sox to win it. Also, just for the record, I hate the Twins much more than the Cubs...

I hate Cubs much worse. None of my friends are Twins fans, so I don't get anything rubbed in my face. Cubs fans wreck me for the Sox after playing like they did at end of the season.