College Basketball

I'm sick! :puke

I'm sick of baseball and the sox underachieving and all the cubs fans pissing me off cause they're in the playoffs.

I'm sick of football and the worst team in the nfl bears and the underachieving illini pissing me off week after week getting my hopes up then letting me down.

I may be overstating this a little bit but with that said, I'm ready for college basketball to start.

My one consistently good team that I cheer for, the Illini basketball team, should continue to be a good team with a new head coach in Bruce Weber. They may not have as much talent as they did in years past but they will still be a good team.

I'm also looking forward to attending some ISU Redbird games. I just can't seem to get too excited about division 1-AA football and was especially disappointed with some of the players actions this past weekend (see Heather's thread). But, I will definitely make it to some Division 1 basketball games at Redbird Arena.

Anyone else ready to talk a little College Basketball?

I'm sick!  :puke

I'm sick of baseball and the sox underachieving and all the cubs fans pissing me off cause they're in the playoffs.

I'm sick of football and the worst team in the nfl bears and the underachieving illini pissing me off week after week getting my hopes up then letting me down.

I may be overstating this a little bit but with that said, I'm ready for college basketball to start.

My one consistently good team that I cheer for, the Illini basketball team, should continue to be a good team with a new head coach in Bruce Weber. They may not have as much talent as they did in years past but they will still be a good team.

I'm also looking forward to attending some ISU Redbird games. I just can't seem to get too excited about division 1-AA football and was especially disappointed with some of the players actions this past weekend (see Heather's thread). But, I will definitely make it to some Division 1 basketball games at Redbird Arena.

Its a little early for that bro, but Im a huge college basketball team. I guess now that I live in Vegas, UNLV will be my team. Not much to add, at this point.

I am definately ready to talk some college basketball. Only about two weeks till midnight madness. And you're wrong about U of I having less talent than in the past. They are very deep and incredibly athletic. All three freshman should contribute this year. Brian Randle will easily be one of the most athletic players in the Big Ten. He has to work on his jump shot, but at 6'8 with explosive leaping ability he should provide some quality minutes of the bench. They are young and unproven but they should be real good this year.

Who are peoples fav teams?  I follow Kentucky and Iowa because of Steve Alford.  In college hoops I really don't have any big allegience, and I more root for guys I saw play in HS as sometime or follow specific coaches.

Go Hawkeyes.

They look like they have a pretty good front court this year and I like their back court with the two young guards.

Alford is due to get things together. I've heard they have been playing really good when they went down under during the offseason.

I'm excited...I think Alford can bring the program to the next level...thus far he hasn't...but I got a good feeling it will start this year.

Go Hawkeyes.

They look like they have a pretty good front court this year and I like their back court with the two young guards. 

Alford is due to get things together.  I've heard they have been playing really good when they went down under during the offseason.

I'm excited...I think Alford can bring the program to the next level...thus far he hasn't...but I got a good feeling it will start this year.

He was a big time winner everywhere else he went. When he came to Manchester he took at team that was 0-10 and finished the season 4-24 and had them undefeated in the national championship game within 3 years. At SW Missouri St he took them to the big dance for the first time in their history IIRC. He has brought a lot of talent to Iowa, but injuries have just killed them, along with the Pierre Pearce scandal.

Go Hawkeyes.

Alford is due to get things together.  I've heard they have been playing really good when they went down under during the offseason.

Mark it down, Iowa finishes no better than 4th in the Big 10. No where near the level of MSU, Illinois, or Wisconsin.

I am definately ready to talk some college basketball.  Only about two weeks till midnight madness.  And you're wrong about U of I having less talent than in the past.  They are very deep and incredibly athletic.  All three freshman should contribute this year.  Brian Randle will easily be one of the most athletic players in the Big Ten.  He has to work on his jump shot, but at 6'8 with explosive leaping ability he should provide some quality minutes of the bench.  They are young and unproven but they should be real good this year.

I should've said experience not talent. Although when you think about it they do have experience too. Dee Brown, Deron Williams, Roger Powell, James Augustine, Luther Head, and even Nick Smith (who has hopefully put on some muscle). Next year will be even better with the only senior on this team being Jerrance Howard. Just wish they had Villanueva.

Now that I look at the roster, I think they'll be better than I thought.

I should've said experience not talent. Although when you think about it they do have experience too. Dee Brown, Deron Williams, Roger Powell, James Augustine, Luther Head, and even Nick Smith (who has hopefully put on some muscle). Next year will be even better with the only senior on this team being Jerrance Howard. Just wish they had Villanueva.

Now that I look at the roster, I think they'll be better than I thought.

Nick Smith has not put on much muscle at all and I don't think he is really capable of doing so. Augustine has reportedly put on about 20 pounds of muscle. Aaron Spears could be the sleeper of the big men. He is a monster in the paint. If he can stay out of foul trouble and gets into a little better shape he is going to be tough for collegiate big men to handle. And for next year, I just hope Shaun Livingston, the nations top high school player, decides to play for the Illini instead of Duke.

Go Hawkeyes.

He was a big time winner everywhere else he went. When he came to Manchester he took at team that was 0-10 and finished the season 4-24 and had them undefeated in the national championship game within 3 years. At SW Missouri St he took them to the big dance for the first time in their history IIRC. He has brought a lot of talent to Iowa, but injuries have just killed them, along with the Pierre Pearce scandal.

I'm a Hawkeye fan and there's no way i'm as optomistic as you on this one. There is an air of trouble surrouinding that team. I don't know if Alford has control at all. I agere WSF99 there's no way Iowa finshes high this year. But I hope they prove me wrong.

I'm a Hawkeye fan and there's no way i'm as optomistic as you on this one.  There is an air of trouble surrouinding that team.  I don't know if Alford has control at all.  I agere WSF99 there's no way Iowa finshes high this year. But I hope they prove me wrong.

They have some ability but just not of an elite program. Also, Pierre Pierce is a very good player but he symbolizes everything that is wrong in sports.

Go Hawkeyes.

Haluska is a douche. If he wanted to go to Iowa so badly in the first place, then why didn't he?

It's time for some Hilton Magic though...

Go Hawkeyes.

Haluska is a douche. If he wanted to go to Iowa so badly in the first place, then why didn't he?

It's time for some Hilton Magic though...

Eustachy was trying to spread that "Hilton Magic" to all drunken sorority girls in the big 12.

Does anyone know if Syracuse is gonna be any good this year?  They've always been a team I follow in college sports, though I'm not necessarily sure why.

Hmm didn't Syracuse lose Carmelo Anthony this year? Sorry but I've got no idea bout College Bball bein an Aussie and all.

Hmm didn't Syracuse lose Carmelo Anthony this year? Sorry but I've got no idea bout College Bball bein an Aussie and all.

IIRC the Orangemen bring back everyone except Melo. They seemed to have another good freshman guard, and a couple of sophomores in the front line. It seems like they will be a top 20 team, but I would look that up.