April 7th Game Thread: White Sox vs. Tigers

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed with the defense this year. VERY. I expected the pen to suck, expected our starters to struggle at times, but the inability to make routine plays (Engel in Toronto, Luery, Anderson, Yolmer today) .... is a large reason the Sox are racking up the losses after a 2-0 start.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 04:12 PM)
I disagree. Let him work through the jam. He makes the double play earlier, the inning is over.

Yep. Make a play, you have 6 inning QS in the books. Simple. And if Yolmer makes his play we're looking at 2-0 bottom 6. Losing teams do s*** to make themselves lose.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 04:11 PM)
Very disappointed with the defense this year. VERY. I expected the pen to suck, expected our starters to struggle at times, but the inability to make routine plays (Engel in Toronto, Luery, Anderson, Yolmer today) .... is a large reason the Sox are racking up the losses after a 2-0 start.

I agree. The defense is disappointing and probably the only thing that is frustrating me. Defense I feel is one of those things that you perfect in the minors. That part of the game doesn't change much throughout the levels. To me, defense is either you have it or you don't.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:14 PM)
Overall a very bad start for Giolito. Results finally revealed just how poorly he was throwing. Hopefully he starts to get more comfortable because as of now, he looks like he did to start last year.

I was noticing that he was getting his mechanics out of whack. He had this one inning(2nd?) Where his velo was higher and control was better. I'm just going to chalk his first two starts up to not being used to pitching in ridiculously cold weather.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:16 PM)
Delmonico needs to stop diving for very ball out there. Just gonna result in more bases.

I'm honestly shocked how much he's doing it considering his shoulder still isn't 100%.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 04:12 PM)
I disagree. Let him work through the jam. He makes the double play earlier, the inning is over.

He almost threw more balls than strikes, never had any rhythm, and hit the first two batters of the inning. The best thing we could do is have the start end without him giving up any more runs than he had to. There was no value in having him continue to pitch the way he did today.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 04:20 PM)
Honestly, Fulmer didn't look good either. Sox just couldn't capitalize on his mistakes.

We had a chance to get to him, but his stuff looked great. Right when you start to think you can hit that running heater at 95, he mixes in a changeup or cutter to throw you off.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:21 PM)
We had a chance to get to him, but his stuff looked great. Right when you start to think you can hit that running heater at 95, he mixes in a changeup or cutter to throw you off.

I've seen him look way better. I mean dominant. Compared to his standards, it wasn't his best day.