4-8 Gamethread - Tigers, 1:10pm, CSN

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:05 PM)
I'd like to see:

Moncada 2B

A. Garcia RF

Abreu 1B

Delmonico DH

Anderson SS

Castillo C

L. Garcia LF

Sanchez 3B

Engel CF

I’d say:

Anderson- Garcia- Abreu- Moncada- Davidson- Castillo- Delmonico- Garcia- Yolmer

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:55 PM)
I just never hear anyone outside the Sox org project him as a starter. I love his stuff though and would argue he looked better than Kopech in the spring

He looked WAY better than Kopech in the Spring. Kopech had a start or two where he had no command. Dylan Cease was dominant and had excellent control in his few stints.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 04:15 PM)
Welington looks like complete crap in the cold. Also was a blunder not putting Engel in to run. Can't play for the homer in these conditions

Yeah, wanted Engel in there running for Delmonico too with the way they are not hitting. Steal second. Bunt him.over to 3rd. Sac fly or sac bunt him in. Tied game. Not like Delmonico is much of an upgrade in the lineup.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:18 PM)
Yeah, wanted Engel in there running for Delmonico too with the way they are not hitting. Steal second. Bunt him.over to 3rd. Sac fly or sac bunt him in. Tied game. Not like Delmonico is much of an upgrade in the lineup.

I don't think Welington can be trusted to bunt.

And Delmonico and Engel can't even be compared as hitters, to your last point.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 04:20 PM)
I don't think Welington can be trusted to bunt.

And Delmonico and Engel can't even be compared as hitters, to your last point.

Well all he's done is hit 3 ground balls, one for a double play, could be 2 but I don't remember. Not like any liners are being hit. Nothing is going over the wall today. Why not give it a shot.

And they can be compared as hitters, you can compare anything you want. But I see your point...

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:27 PM)
Well all he's done is hit 3 ground balls, one for a double play, could be 2 but I don't remember. Not like any liners are being hit. Nothing is going over the wall today. Why not give it a shot.

And they can be compared as hitters, you can compare anything you want. But I see your point...

My point (to the Castillo part) is that I don't think he can bunt.